The staff physician shall provide patient care services and will support the PCH mission of providing hope, healing and the best health care for children and their families.
Posting Note: Phoenix Children’s is seeking a talented, energetic, compassionate and collegial Pediatric Physiatrist/Pediatric Rehabilitation Medicine physician to join the Division of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (PM&R). The Division of PM&R, a key division within Barrow Neurological Institute at Phoenix Children’s, is comprised of an expert team of three fellowship-trained pediatric PM&R physicians and two nurse practitioners who provide comprehensive, multidisciplinary care, allowing
children to achieve their optimal level of independence.
The ideal candidates will have a broad base of clinical knowledge and strong interest in program development, specifically growth of inpatient and outpatient programs as Phoenix Children’s
continues to expand services and capability.
Clinical work includes the inpatient rehabilitation unit, the inpatient PM&R consult
service, outpatient physiatry clinic and other multidisciplinary clinics. The Division is actively involved in injection therapy management for spasticity and dystonia in a variety of settings as well as multidisciplinary surgical management including SDR/ITB/DBS. Opportunities available for clinical expansion in EMG/NCV. Educational/teaching involvement with the Honor Health PM&R residency program in Phoenix as well as pediatric, neurology, and palliative care training programs.
Highlights of PM&R Division
1. The only dedicated acute pediatric and adolescent inpatient rehabilitation program and the only fellowship trained pediatric PM&R staff in the state of Arizona and in the contiguous regions.
2. 12 bed CARF accredited inpatient unit with private rooms, ventilator capability, and contiguous therapy gym and private therapy treatment room spaces
3. Up to date rehab technology and experienced inpatient and outpatient pediatric therapists
4. Onsite school program, psychology, neuropsychology, pet and music therapy support services
5. Gait lab
6. Strong interdisciplinary environment
7. Opportunities for pediatric and PM&R resident education, medical student and fellow rotations
8. Ability to seek faculty status at University of Arizona, Arizona State, Mayo Clinic, and Creighton
9. Clinical research opportunities and institutional research support
10. Part of Barrow Neurological Institute at Phoenix Children’s and a member of the Phoenix Children’s Medical Group
11. Administrative opportunities for the neuroscience institute, hospital level, and University of Arizona College of Medicine committee membership as well as opportunities for leadership within the Division, the PM&R residency program, and the Phoenix Children’s Medical Staff