Posting Note: PCH is looking for a Vascular Access nurse to work across the hospital to insert PICC/ Midlines, as well as ultra sound guided lines; blood draws, and change ports. This position is a NIGHT shift, 6 PM - 6:30 AM; the incumbent must be highly motivated to work independently throughout the hospital. This position is part of a highly specialized team of nurses who we depend on to ensure the children are well taken care of when inserting specialized IVs and/or ports. MUST be an experienced vascular access, ICU, CVICU nurse with strong problem solving and critical thinking skills. Incumbent will be working closely with providers regarding orders. NO NEW GRADS, please.
This position will work in collaboration with the healthcare team, patient and family to promote patient health through delivery of professional nursing care appropriate to patients age and condition as documented in the nursing and medical plans of care in accordance with evidence-based nursing and patient care practice standards and hospital goals, values and regulatory standards.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- Completes nursing assessment of patient conditions consistent with age and condition, including physical, psychological, social, developmental, and educational factors, to determine initial level of compliance with treatment plan per policy and unit guidelines. Performs ongoing patient and family assessments and identifies variations from diagnoses.
- Continually evaluates patient responses to care, teaching, and discharge plans. Documents patient progress in appropriate charts and shares observations and assessment outcomes with healthcare team and families to ensure timely communication and understanding of patient health status, progress, and ongoing needs.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing required activities within established parameters to ensure compliance with all applicable medication, storage and documentation standards, regulations, and requirements.
- Provides orientation to the unit, hospital systems, and processes to patients and family members to ensure familiarity with unit’s policies and requirements.
- Supervises patient care activities of assigned team members and delegates activities appropriate to knowledge, skill, and competency. Provides timely feedback and review of care delivery to ensure maintenance of patient safety, infection control procedures, therapeutic environment, and team members’ performance level, maintaining confidentiality as appropriate.
- Works collaboratively with patient care team and family members to establish and implement plan of care to ensure coordination of activities and ongoing communication of patient health status. Participates in patient care rounds and patient care conferences as appropriate.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.