Posting Note: The Patient Transport - Dispatch will direct and assist the Patient Transportation Team by:
• Provide high level customer service by phone and in person; internal teamwork and professional communication.
• Receiving and prioritizing a high volume of transport request by phone and electronic systems.
• Dispatch Transporters in an efficient and timely manner, as needed based on department procedures.
• Problem solves and shows initiative to ensure that departmental goals are met.
• Provides general direction to Transporters.
• Assists in the orientation and training of new staff.
• Assist with the workflow of the department and ensures adequate staffing levels are available.
• Logs and tracks requests in software systems to assure they are assigned and covered.
• Perform quality assurance inspections for review and assists with the correction of deficiencies.
*Full-time position, evenings/nights 4pm-230am (Sunday - Wednesday OR Wednesday - Saturday available)
This position transports patients to and from various areas of the hospital in accordance with established policies, procedures, safety practices and customer care standards.