Posting Note: Full Time Positions Open- 3, 12 hour shifts per week (7am-7:30p and 7p-7:30a shift times available). Part Time Positions Open- 2, 12 hour shifts per week (7a-7:30p and 7p-7:30a shift times available)
This position works under the direction of the administrative medical director to assist in the implementation of selected portions of the care plan, and perform a variety of direct patient care services through defined protocols/standing orders approved by the administrative medical director.
As directed and supervised by the healthcare professional, performs patient care interventions.
- Initiates IVs Venous access (IV initiation and blood draws).
- Administers approved medications
- Monitors chest tubes Venous access (IV initiation and blood draws).
- NG/OG placement.
- Urinary catheter placement (straight and indwelling).
- Application of oxygen.
- Indwelling port access.
- Defibrillation/cardioversion (under direct supervision of an LIP
Performs focused assessment of their interventions.
- Patency of IV lines or pre- and post-medication pain scores
- Paramedics also perform focused assessments based on patients chief complaints in the absence of an immediately available RN.
- Participates in a variety of in-service programs, meetings, and rounds as indicated.
- Performs a variety of activities to provide for the ongoing maintenance of the department`s environment and patient care needs.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.
Phoenix Children's Mission, Vision, & Values
To advance hope, healing and the best healthcare for children and their familiesVision
Phoenix Children's will be the leading pediatric health system in the Southwest, nationally recognized for exceptional care, innovative research and advanced medical education.
We realize this vision by:
- Offering the most comprehensive care across ages, communities and specialties
- Investing in innovative research, including emerging treatments, tools and technologies
- Advancing education and training to shape the next generation of clinical leaders
- Advocating for the health and well-being of children and families
- We place children and families at the center of all we do
- We deliver exceptional care, every day and in every way
- We collaborate with colleagues, partners and communities to amplify our impact
- We set the standards of pediatric healthcare today, and innovate for the future
- We are accountable for making the highest quality care accessible and affordable