This position works under the direction of the administrative medical director to assist in the implementation of selected portions of the care plan and perform a variety of direct patient care services through defined protocols/standing orders approved by the administrative medical director.
As directed and supervised by the healthcare professional, performs patient care interventions.
- a.Obtain and report abnormal vital signs to the RN immediately
- b.Perform point of care testing
- c.Cast alteration
- d.Splint application
- e.Physical growth measurements
- f.Document intake and output
- g.Administer medications outlined on the Arizona Paramedic Scope of Practice
- h.Safety monitor as assigned
- i.Assist with application of restraints
- j.Assist with procedures and equipment setup
- k.Wound care
- l.Perform 12 lead EKG
- m.Supplemental oxygen administration
- n.Assist with immobilization devices
- o.Venipuncture/capillary blood collection
- p.PIV Insertion and Removal
- q.Priming of IV tubing including use of syringe and large volume IV pumps
- r.Perform CPR in accordance with AHA BLS standards
- s.Visual Acuity testing
- t.Insertion and removal of OG/NG tube for gastric decompression
- u.Straight catheter urine specimen collection
Performs focused assessment of their interventions.
- a.Patency of IV lines
- b.Pre- and post-medication pain scores
- c.Perform focused assessments based on patients’ chief complaints in the absence of an immediately available RN.
Performs administrative duties that include but are not limited to:
- a.Utilize medication reconciliation tools within the EHR
- b.Clean and restock patient rooms
- c.Serve as witness for cycle counting and wasting of controlled substances
- d.Follow legal and ethical conduct including HIPAA
- Performs a variety of activities to provide for the ongoing maintenance of the department`s environment and patient care needs.
- Participates in a variety of in-service programs, meetings, and rounds as indicated.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.
Phoenix Children's Mission, Vision, & Values
To advance hope, healing and the best healthcare for children and their familiesVision
Phoenix Children's will be the leading pediatric health system in the Southwest, nationally recognized for exceptional care, innovative research and advanced medical education.
We realize this vision by:
- Offering the most comprehensive care across ages, communities and specialties
- Investing in innovative research, including emerging treatments, tools and technologies
- Advancing education and training to shape the next generation of clinical leaders
- Advocating for the health and well-being of children and families
- We place children and families at the center of all we do
- We deliver exceptional care, every day and in every way
- We collaborate with colleagues, partners and communities to amplify our impact
- We set the standards of pediatric healthcare today, and innovate for the future
- We are accountable for making the highest quality care accessible and affordable