Pediatric Speech Pathologist
This position is responsible for providing speech-language pathology services to a pediatric population, from neonate to adolescent, including evaluation and treatment in the areas of communication and swallowing.
- Evaluates and treats patients with communication and swallowing disorders/delays, demonstrating knowledge of normal growth and skills necessary to provide age appropriate services. Uses pediatric based behavior management strategies and matches diagnostic/therapeutic interventions to age and disability of the child. Establishes appropriate treatment plan with age-appropriate goals and target timeframes, which are discussed with family and mutually agreed upon
- Maintains appropriate documentation per the Policies & Procedures Manual in compliance with JCAHO and CARF standards, including participation in Total Quality Management.
- Builds and maintains rapport within the department, hospital, and community, professionally interacting with physician, families, and hospital/community personnel.
- Evaluates recommended needs for equipment and supplies.
- Assists in the monitoring of speech pathology students
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.
Phoenix Children's Mission, Vision, & Values
To advance hope, healing and the best healthcare for children and their familiesVision
Phoenix Children's will be the leading pediatric health system in the Southwest, nationally recognized for exceptional care, innovative research and advanced medical education.
We realize this vision by:
- Offering the most comprehensive care across ages, communities and specialties
- Investing in innovative research, including emerging treatments, tools and technologies
- Advancing education and training to shape the next generation of clinical leaders
- Advocating for the health and well-being of children and families
- We place children and families at the center of all we do
- We deliver exceptional care, every day and in every way
- We collaborate with colleagues, partners and communities to amplify our impact
- We set the standards of pediatric healthcare today, and innovate for the future
- We are accountable for making the highest quality care accessible and affordable