Under the direction of the Payroll Manager, the Payroll Technician performs complex tasks involving coordination between Human Resources, Accounting Services, Information Technology and Departments to ensure the timely and accurate processing of PCH payroll, including maintaining related records, filing tax reports and voluntary deduction reports, processing involuntary deductions such as levies and garnishments, documenting and updating procedures, and preparing special reports for management.
Actively participates in the processing of ongoing payroll activities to ensure timely and accurate administration of pay to all employees including the oversight of Kronos.
- Performs complex pay and payroll deduction calculations involving detailed knowledge of the organization’s pay practices and policies. Coordinates with Human Resources, General Ledger, Payroll, other departments and employees.
Administers and coordinates child support, garnishments, and levies.
- Working knowledge of federal and state garnishment laws and their impact on the payroll process; multiple order priority; handling out-of-state orders; calculating and entering the amount to be withheld from employee pay, and corresponding with employees and applicable agencies.
Coordinates processing of tax withholding payments, W-2 wage and tax statements and treasury management services.
- Performs timely and accurate preparation and reporting of federal and state payroll taxes. Prepares stop payment requests and follows procedures resulting from direct deposit rejects or lost/stolen paychecks.
Assists in the analysis of Kronos timekeeping data as part of the Payroll Department's role in overseeing the Kronos database system.
- Reviews payroll edits and makes on-line corrections as necessary.
Follows established payroll policies and procedures.
- Maintains and updates forms as required by changes to Federal, State, Local and/or Company policies.
- Researches and effectively communicates, both verbally and in writing, with employees, departments and outside agencies on a regular basis.
- Provides excellent customer service by adhering to values, mission and vision of Phoenix Children's Hospital.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.
Phoenix Children's Mission, Vision, & Values
To advance hope, healing and the best healthcare for children and their familiesVision
Phoenix Children's will be the leading pediatric health system in the Southwest, nationally recognized for exceptional care, innovative research and advanced medical education.
We realize this vision by:
- Offering the most comprehensive care across ages, communities and specialties
- Investing in innovative research, including emerging treatments, tools and technologies
- Advancing education and training to shape the next generation of clinical leaders
- Advocating for the health and well-being of children and families
- We place children and families at the center of all we do
- We deliver exceptional care, every day and in every way
- We collaborate with colleagues, partners and communities to amplify our impact
- We set the standards of pediatric healthcare today, and innovate for the future
- We are accountable for making the highest quality care accessible and affordable