Director of Professional PracticeApply!
The Director of Professional Practice/Magnet Coordinator aligns education programs to promote professional development of nursing, and meet standards and criteria of appropriate licensing and accrediting bodies. Coordinates process, develops and submits application for Magnet Nursing Services Recognition Program. The director supports the goals and objectives of the organization and the division. Collaborates with nursing vice presidents, managers, staff, and various committees in order to meet Magnet criteria. Plans and implements activities and facilitates compliance with Magnet Nursing Services Recognition Program requirements. Coordinates committees, task forces, meetings and activities related to Magnet application process. Develops and plans activities that promote professional development and enhance the practice of nursing.
Demonstrates strong leadership skills to cultivate a high performance team.
- Assures engagement, satisfaction and alignment of employees and providers to ensure effective implementation of strategic and operational plans within the assigned entity.
- Mentors leaders and management in career growth and actively cooperates in succession planning efforts at the System level with special emphasis on retaining and recruiting a diverse work force.
- Monitors and ensures the hiring of competent staff, proper orientation, relevant continuing education, and competency validation.
- Establishes clear performance and customer services expectations.
- Creates an environment in which effective communication and responsiveness to customer needs are personal priorities. Provides timely resolution and response to customer complaints, concerns and suggestions.
Directs development, implementation, and evaluation of nursing sensitive quality indicators and standards for clinical orientation, skill and competency development, professional development and continuing education to promote and support high quality services and compliance with established standards
- Responsible for department performance improvement activities and participates in interdepartmental or Hospital performance improvement activities.
Develops and leads projects that align with strategic initiatives to ensure organizational objectives are achieved. Leads new opportunities and challenges engaging stakeholders at all levels.
- Demonstrates working knowledge of hospital initiatives and programs.
- Demonstrates ability to follow through and complete projects.
- Assists with measurement, aggregation, reporting and response to patient and staff satisfaction and other required surveys.
Reviews, participates and involves staff in the decision making of nursing policy and procedure formulation. Demonstrates knowledge of relevant regulatory body standards for maintaining standards of care and assures standards are met.
- Develops and maintains department policies that support evidence-based practice.
- Aware of federal and state legislation impacting delivery of nursing care.
Promotes shared governance model through self-participation, promotion and support of staff participation in model and decision making.
- Works with Nursing Leadership and staff to implement shared governance model.
Plans, implements & evaluates processes to achieve and maintain Magnet Nursing Service Recognition criteria
- Attends educational programs that enhance knowledge about Magnet Nursing Service Recognition program.
- Facilitates implementation of innovations that support achievement and maintenance of Magnet status.
- Demonstrates inclusion of research in pursuit of Magnet status.
- Develops timeline for achieving magnet criteria.
- Identifies interdisciplinary resources for achieving individual Magnet criteria.
- Administers all aspects of Magnet application process.
- Completes Magnet application.
- Coordinates schedule for Magnet site visit.
- Demonstrates knowledge of Magnet Nursing Service Recognition criteria.
- Integrates nursing practice standards from licensing, professional and accrediting bodies into Magnet application.
Assists staff in developing, monitoring and reporting unit-based and departmental quality/performance improvement activities.
- Participates in organization wide patient safety initiatives.
- Operates as a resource for health care professionals
Serves as a resource, mentor and role model for nursing, hospital staff and community.
- Keeps organization leaders informed of issues and problems that impact department.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.
Phoenix Children's Mission, Vision, & Values
To advance hope, healing and the best healthcare for children and their familiesVision
Phoenix Children's will be the leading pediatric health system in the Southwest, nationally recognized for exceptional care, innovative research and advanced medical education.
We realize this vision by:
- Offering the most comprehensive care across ages, communities and specialties
- Investing in innovative research, including emerging treatments, tools and technologies
- Advancing education and training to shape the next generation of clinical leaders
- Advocating for the health and well-being of children and families
- We place children and families at the center of all we do
- We deliver exceptional care, every day and in every way
- We collaborate with colleagues, partners and communities to amplify our impact
- We set the standards of pediatric healthcare today, and innovate for the future
- We are accountable for making the highest quality care accessible and affordable