Posting Note: Schedule- Friday, Saturday, and Sunday Nights
This position performs a variety of ultrasound imaging procedures to providedata for diagnosis and monitoring of disease and injuries in accordance withall applicable standards, regulations, and licensing requirements. Requirescompetency in a variety of equipment and technology. Performs duties in arange of acute care pediatric-centered settings.
- Performs diagnostic ultrasound examinations on patients forinterpretation by a radiologist.Determines proper technique and positioning to ensure optimalresults in accordance with all applicable standards, protocols, andprocedures. Follows department triage guidelines based on patientacuity and exam prioritization. Maintains a safe environment forpatients and families, and advocates appropriately. Identifies andtroubleshoots machine malfunctions to ensure continuous properand safe operations of ultrasound equipment. Reports serviceneeds and preventive maintenance issues as appropriate.
- Creates a detailed report to include pertinent medical history,ultrasound findings, and measurements for presentation tointerpreting physicians. Report is clear, concise, and grammaticallycorrect.
- Interacts professionally and projects a positive image of theultrasound team. Provides ultrasound safety information topatients, families, and all other affected parties to ensure thoroughunderstanding of the study being performed.
- Maintains professional and technical competency through thecontinual pursuit of knowledge and self-improvement by remainingapprised of current literature, practices, and new developments inthe field of ultrasound.
- Performs finalizing functions using radiology information system(RIS) to facilitate timely and accurate results and charge capture.Archives records in accordance with Radiologist(s) specifications.
- Routinely protocols ultrasound orders for appropriateness andfollows the chain of command to make necessary corrections.Regularly seeks and participates in quality initiatives to continuallyprovide exceptional family centered care and provide high qualitydiagnostic ultrasound exams. When necessary, communicates with radiology clinical andadministrative leadership to facilitate process improvements.
- Participates in re-stocking and room turn over to provide for efficient, effective, and safe department operations. Follows established infection prevention policies and procedures for proper transducer cleaning.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.
Phoenix Children's Mission, Vision, & Values
To advance hope, healing and the best healthcare for children and their familiesVision
Phoenix Children's will be the leading pediatric health system in the Southwest, nationally recognized for exceptional care, innovative research and advanced medical education.
We realize this vision by:
- Offering the most comprehensive care across ages, communities and specialties
- Investing in innovative research, including emerging treatments, tools and technologies
- Advancing education and training to shape the next generation of clinical leaders
- Advocating for the health and well-being of children and families
- We place children and families at the center of all we do
- We deliver exceptional care, every day and in every way
- We collaborate with colleagues, partners and communities to amplify our impact
- We set the standards of pediatric healthcare today, and innovate for the future
- We are accountable for making the highest quality care accessible and affordable