Posting Note: 16 hours total. Friday-Saturday shift. Friday 10:30am-7pm; Saturday hours can be 7:30-4:00pm or 10:30am-7:00pm
This position provides religious/spiritual assessment and intervention for patients and families in accordance with the family`s identified spiritual. Collaborates with multidisciplinary staff and external faith leaders to coordinate services and ritualistic ceremonies as requested.
Assesses the religious/spiritual needs of families.
- Utilizes best practices to make formal and informal spiritual assessments
- Utilizes these assessments to form appropriate plans of care
Applies knowledge of various religious beliefs and practices in order to provide care that supports diversity and is sensitive to the family`s specific faith background.
- Establishes rapport quickly and effectively with patients/families in order to meet specific individualized spiritual needs.
- Provides spiritual services in alignment with identified background and expressed wishes of the patient and family.
- Collaborates with external faith leaders to perform rite, rituals, ceremonies and other services which fall outside of the Chaplain`s scope
- Collaborates and communicates with internal staff to share how spirituality is impacting medical decision making.
Documents pertinent information concisely and thoroughly and within hospital standards for documentation.
- Documents pertinent information concisely and thoroughly and within hospital standards for documentation.
- Provides reports and data per department and hospital guidelines.
- Maintains professional competency through regular participation in a variety of educational programs, in-services, and seminars, to ensure ongoing awareness and understanding of best practices related to spiritual interventions.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.
Phoenix Children's Mission, Vision, & Values
To advance hope, healing and the best healthcare for children and their familiesVision
Phoenix Children's will be the leading pediatric health system in the Southwest, nationally recognized for exceptional care, innovative research and advanced medical education.
We realize this vision by:
- Offering the most comprehensive care across ages, communities and specialties
- Investing in innovative research, including emerging treatments, tools and technologies
- Advancing education and training to shape the next generation of clinical leaders
- Advocating for the health and well-being of children and families
- We place children and families at the center of all we do
- We deliver exceptional care, every day and in every way
- We collaborate with colleagues, partners and communities to amplify our impact
- We set the standards of pediatric healthcare today, and innovate for the future
- We are accountable for making the highest quality care accessible and affordable