Supv, PCMG Patient AccessApply!
Posting Note: Consider joining our leadership team as a Patient Access Supervisor for our Urgent Care Clinics (Supv, PCMG Patient Access). As a supervisor, you will support the Patient Access Staff following our mission to advance of hope, healing, and the best healthcare for children and their families who visit our Urgent Care centers. This position will work Monday - Friday from 3pm - 11pm. Travel required between 4 facilities and travel reimbursement provided. To be considered and to learn more about this dynamic position, apply today!
Under the direction of the Manager, the Supervisor, PCMG Patient Access is responsible for the operations of main campus and satellite activities of PCMG Patient Access Registration departments seven days a week, 365 days a year. This position supervises registration activities for a large span of control to including approximately 27 sub-specialities, 5-10 locations and over 350 physicians requiring over 50% travel.
Organizes and coordinates day-to-day development of registration staff at all locations(Main Campus, East Valley, Avondale, Mercy Gilbert, NWV, SWV, Cardiology Locations, etc.) for timely training, development and performance of employees.
- Training of staff requires coordination with main campus and satellite departments to maintain site specific protocols for regulatory and operational compliance.
Responsible for the development, facilitation and maintenance of key customer relationships with clinics/urgent cares and their staff related to daily registration activities.
- Ensures timely registration, compliance to process and monitoring of KPI's for improvement.
Supervises use of resources to maximize service to patients/customers and ensures accurate gathering /capturing of demographic and financial information required to support timely and accurate adjudication of 3rd party and patient accounts.
- Serves as a technical resource to staff to ensure quality customer service, timely and accurate performance of scheduling, registration and verification of accounts.
Must have a through knowledge of overall patient access operations to include the direct admission process, pre-admission, inpatient admission, insurance verification, scheduling, registration, financial counseling and understanding of the billing process.
- Posses a higher level of understanding to assist users with registration, interpretation of benefits, scheduling guidelines, registration protocols, billing and collections.
Participates in a variety of departmental and hospital educational programs to maintain current skill and competency levels and demonstrates commitment to on-going personal and professional development.
- Works with training coordinator to generate department statistics, reports, QA, KPI's and employee skill development.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.
Phoenix Children's Mission, Vision, & Values
To advance hope, healing and the best healthcare for children and their familiesVision
Phoenix Children's will be the leading pediatric health system in the Southwest, nationally recognized for exceptional care, innovative research and advanced medical education.
We realize this vision by:
- Offering the most comprehensive care across ages, communities and specialties
- Investing in innovative research, including emerging treatments, tools and technologies
- Advancing education and training to shape the next generation of clinical leaders
- Advocating for the health and well-being of children and families
- We place children and families at the center of all we do
- We deliver exceptional care, every day and in every way
- We collaborate with colleagues, partners and communities to amplify our impact
- We set the standards of pediatric healthcare today, and innovate for the future
- We are accountable for making the highest quality care accessible and affordable