Ld Patient Access RepApply!
The Lead Patient Access Representative performs efficient and orderly registration of all patients. Acts as a primary liaison for patients receiving professional and hospital services at Phoenix Children's Hospital. Serves in an area specific leadership role. Facilitates communication of operation policies and procedures to Patient Access Representatives.
- Conducts training with staff to ensure that staff understands registration process, insurance verification, treatment authorization process, requirements, and mechanisms. Ensures that staff is oriented to the Job Expectations so they may fully carry out their responsibilities.
- Maintains a positive working relationship with patients/guarantors, insurance companies, government entities, clinical personnel, co-workers and management to promote teamwork, cooperation and a positive public image for PCH.
- Maintains sufficient knowledge of payers to ensure accurate and timely billing and compliance with all federal, state, and contractual laws and agreements.
- Participates in a variety of unit and hospital educational programs to maintain current skill and competency levels.
- Provides input regarding staff performance to the Supervisor of PCMG Patient access such that he/she can review employees' performance annually and can take corrective actions when necessary.
- Resolves problems with internal and external clients. Involves other supervisors and department managers as necessary.
- Serves as a leader and assists with quality and productivity management processes.
- Thoroughly understands the front end registration modules in Vision and AMPFM and communicates with IT to ensure the system is used accurately and efficiently and is updated when necessary and possible.
- Understands the job expectations of Patient Access Representative. Fills in for staff, as necessary. Performs all functions of Patient Access Representative as required.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.
Phoenix Children's Mission, Vision, & Values
To advance hope, healing and the best healthcare for children and their familiesVision
Phoenix Children's will be the leading pediatric health system in the Southwest, nationally recognized for exceptional care, innovative research and advanced medical education.
We realize this vision by:
- Offering the most comprehensive care across ages, communities and specialties
- Investing in innovative research, including emerging treatments, tools and technologies
- Advancing education and training to shape the next generation of clinical leaders
- Advocating for the health and well-being of children and families
- We place children and families at the center of all we do
- We deliver exceptional care, every day and in every way
- We collaborate with colleagues, partners and communities to amplify our impact
- We set the standards of pediatric healthcare today, and innovate for the future
- We are accountable for making the highest quality care accessible and affordable