Lead Medical Assistant - Float Pool
The Lead Medical Assistant performs all duties of the Medical Assistant while functioning as the resource person to non-licensed staff. This position acts as a working lead for the day to day operations of the designated clinic. The lead is a liaison between management and staff and keeps the leadership team apprised of early personnel issues. The daily duties of this position include direction of work flow and patient care under a licensed health care professional. The position drives communication between clinical staff to ensure safety, quality, and overall process compliance. The Lead Medical Assistant reports to the Manager, Ambulatory Business Operations. Additional direction is received from the Clinical Manager, Division Chief, RN's, PA's and/or Physician Leads as appropriate.
Provides floor leadership to assigned clinic(s).
- Responsibilities include but are not limited to appointment & schedule management, daily room oversight, daily staffing assignment, and compliance monitoring to ensure appropriate standards.
- Leads and facilitates daily huddles for effective and efficient clinical and service operations.
Assists with direct patient care.
- This position is a working lead that has the ability to work as a Medical Assistant as needed.
- Communicates effectively to families and co-workers while demonstrating a caring attitude.
- Initiates first-line service recovery when appropriate.
Assists with staff supervision and oversight.
- Continually monitors staff competency and scope of practice and reports observed concerns to clinical or operational manager as appropriate.
- Includes monitoring of policies, procedures, and compliance of diagnostic tests including follow up communication with patients.
- Performs quality audits as directed.
- Facilitates completion of occurrence reports when needed.
Serves as a resource to ensure proper on boarding & training of staff.
- Specific duties include but are not limited to: preceptor course completion, peer leadership training, service excellence & patient flow expectations, and use of tools for reporting (clinic timing, no-show, health information system and occurrence reporting).
Is responsible for successful and effective Interdepartmental and Interdisciplinary collaboration.
- Collaborates daily with other leads, Business Manager, Clinical Manager, RN's, NP's and Physicians as needed to ensure smooth, efficient flow for quality patient care. Daily reporting includes but is not limited to written &/or verbal documentation of concerns/suggestions to include patient data & staffing concerns, through-put issues/suggestions, and supply/equipment inventory/issues to Manager as appropriate.
- Works alongside peers with responsibilities in addition to existing patient care role.
Is responsible for maintaining credentials, certifications, and licensures.
- Participates in conferences and meetings for educational growth.
- Represents the department as a leader (first adopter) on organizational initiatives.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.
Phoenix Children's Mission, Vision, & Values
To advance hope, healing and the best healthcare for children and their familiesVision
Phoenix Children's will be the leading pediatric health system in the Southwest, nationally recognized for exceptional care, innovative research and advanced medical education.
We realize this vision by:
- Offering the most comprehensive care across ages, communities and specialties
- Investing in innovative research, including emerging treatments, tools and technologies
- Advancing education and training to shape the next generation of clinical leaders
- Advocating for the health and well-being of children and families
- We place children and families at the center of all we do
- We deliver exceptional care, every day and in every way
- We collaborate with colleagues, partners and communities to amplify our impact
- We set the standards of pediatric healthcare today, and innovate for the future
- We are accountable for making the highest quality care accessible and affordable