MRI Technologist IIApply!
This position performs diagnostic magnetic resonance imaging procedures to provide data for diagnosis of disease and injuries in accordance with all applicable standards, regulations and licensing requirements. In addition, this position has advanced, focused duties and responsibilities.
- Performs diagnostic MRI procedures and imaging tests as prescribed. Determines proper technique to ensure optimal results in accordance with all applicable standards and procedures.
- Performs finalizing functions including, but not limited to, limited coding using radiology information system (RIS) to provide for timely and accurate patient information and charge capture. Archives records in accordance with Radiologist specifications.
- Participates in the evaluation and development of new procedures and protocols for imaging sequences and quality improvement initiatives. Proactively evaluates practices and assists to create and implement changes to increase and enhance the effectiveness of methods.
- Maintains professional and technical competency through constantly pursuing knowledge and self-improvement by remaining apprised of current literature, practices, and new developments in the fields covered by diagnostic imaging.
- Performs regular equipment calibration and maintenance in accordance with established instructions. Identifies and troubleshoots malfunctions to ensure continuous proper and safe operations. Reports service needs and preventive maintenance issues as appropriate.
- Provides MRI safety information to patients and families to ensure thorough understanding of procedure protocols.
- Participates in the training of MRI students and orienting new MRI Technologists. Also assists in training of Radiography students completing their assigned rotation.
Maintains proficiency in one or more of the following areas to maintain MRI Tech II position:
- Routinely performs charge relief duties in the absence of the Lead MRI Technologist.
- Competent in two of the following advanced MRI procedures:
- a. Cardiac
- b. Functional MRI
- c. Fetal MRI
- Responsible for maintaining ACR accreditation
- MRI department educator
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.
Phoenix Children's Mission, Vision, & Values
To advance hope, healing and the best healthcare for children and their familiesVision
Phoenix Children's will be the leading pediatric health system in the Southwest, nationally recognized for exceptional care, innovative research and advanced medical education.
We realize this vision by:
- Offering the most comprehensive care across ages, communities and specialties
- Investing in innovative research, including emerging treatments, tools and technologies
- Advancing education and training to shape the next generation of clinical leaders
- Advocating for the health and well-being of children and families
- We place children and families at the center of all we do
- We deliver exceptional care, every day and in every way
- We collaborate with colleagues, partners and communities to amplify our impact
- We set the standards of pediatric healthcare today, and innovate for the future
- We are accountable for making the highest quality care accessible and affordable