Manager of Respiratory ServicesApply!
This position assumes administrative responsibility for Respiratory Care Services programs and staff. Assumes responsibility for financial oversight, positive customer relations, performance management, process improvement, planning and directing staff members. Collaborates with leaders on performance standards, systems, and processes to optimize care excellence in an efficient, effective manner while supporting the mission, vision and values of Phoenix Children’s.
I. Clinical Leadership
- Maintains 24/7 accountability for patient care operations. Works with unit leadership and House Supervisors to support unit needs and access to leadership representation 24 hours, 7 days a week.
- Responsible for collaborating with colleagues to develop and implement the patient care philosophy, standards of practice, department goals, policies and procedures.
- Assesses necessary respiratory therapy personnel are available to meet fluctuating census, acuity and budgetary goals. Implements innovative and effective recruitment, retention and onboarding strategies in collaboration with Director, HR and other departments/disciplines to meet unit needs as well as to foster growth and staff satisfaction.
- Ensures continual delivery of high quality respiratory care.
- Assures compliance of DNV and CMS standards as well as other regulatory agencies
- Enforces adherence to state board of respiratory and to other governing agency regulations; measures health outcomes against standards; makes or recommends adjustments.
- Remains current and works towards best practice in leadership, management, clinical knowledge and PCH policies and procedures. Incorporates expertise by serving as a resource related to clinical aspects of areas of responsibility.
II. Human Resource Management
- Manages all aspects of personnel administration for unit(s) of responsibility including by not limited to recruitment, interviewing, selection of professional, technical or supervisory staff.
- Implement strategies to foster staff’s high engagement, maintain low staff turnover, and support high level of staff satisfaction.
- Assists staff with goal setting; implements continual performance development.
- Evaluates staffing patterns/needs; match staff competency with patient acuity.
- Effectively manages grievances in collaboration with appropriate leadership and Human Resources, monitors staff for fitness for duty, performance improvement and initiates corrective action as appropriate.
- Identifies key performance indicators; establishes data collection methodology; evaluates performance data; responds to outcome measurement findings; complies with documentation requirements.
- Works collaboratively with Supervisors to identify staff performance issues/needs, provides feedback and support to address staff issues requiring immediate intervention, and identifies educational needs to ensure maintenance of established performance, competency, and quality standards.
- Monitors/reviews RISE safety reports and collaborates with Supervisors for trends; develops and implements strategies to address drifts in practice.
- Assesses customer and patient satisfaction; develop strategies to address satisfaction issues.
- Develops and supervises staff through provision of timely feedback and use of
- appropriate Human Resource policies and tools to facilitate and ensure the ability of staff to achieve highest level of professional growth and desired performance standards.
- 11.Collaborates with unit-based Education Specialist for orientation and ongoing professional development of all staff.
- 12.Participates both proactively and retroactively in assessing and reviewing quality of care by utilizing modalities such as rounding, data collection through dashboards, etc. and participating in event reviews, as appropriate.
III. Financial Management
- Provides timely review and feedback to management team for fiscal responsibilities of designated areas reflecting optimal utilization of all resources.
- Works in collaboration with other leaders and departments to develop, secure approval for, and monitor revenue, expenses and capital budget for areas of responsibility.
- Reviews financial data monthly and recommends/implements strategies to ensure compliance with approved budgets.
- Conducts ongoing evaluation of productivity.
IV. Strategic Management
- Establishes and oversees unit-based goals in conjunction with division and organizational goals/priorities.
- Supports the growth of Phoenix Children’s; participates in the development and implementation of programs, as applicable.
- Oversees all aspects of care delivery, both direct and indirect, for areas of responsibility.
- Facilitates, attends and participates, as appropriate, in medical staff, hospital and patient care area committees.
- Facilitates a structure of shared governance; support a just culture.
- Supports unit based and system wide research and quality improvement initiatives.
- Influences the practice of nursing through participation/professional organizations.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.
Phoenix Children's Mission, Vision, & Values
To advance hope, healing and the best healthcare for children and their familiesVision
Phoenix Children's will be the leading pediatric health system in the Southwest, nationally recognized for exceptional care, innovative research and advanced medical education.
We realize this vision by:
- Offering the most comprehensive care across ages, communities and specialties
- Investing in innovative research, including emerging treatments, tools and technologies
- Advancing education and training to shape the next generation of clinical leaders
- Advocating for the health and well-being of children and families
- We place children and families at the center of all we do
- We deliver exceptional care, every day and in every way
- We collaborate with colleagues, partners and communities to amplify our impact
- We set the standards of pediatric healthcare today, and innovate for the future
- We are accountable for making the highest quality care accessible and affordable