This position will schedule Operating Room, Cath Lab, Radiology, Neurodiagnostics, Endoscopy, and/or Bronchoscopy procedures, utilizing appropriate IS systems according to procedure type, utilizing knowledge of physician procedures, privileges, and block time when appropriate. Enters pertinent patient data and specific physician requests. This position also initiates the billing process by entering pertinent charges and patient information in the Hospital's charging system.
- Answers telephones in a timely and professional manner and notifies referring office of patient appointment day and time.
- Participates in a variety of unit and hospital education programs to maintain current skills and competency levels.
- Schedules patient examinations for all modalities, cancel appointments and/or reschedules as necessary, and corrects or modifies discrepancies in scheduling; schedules modalities.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.
Phoenix Children's Mission, Vision, & Values
To advance hope, healing and the best healthcare for children and their familiesVision
Phoenix Children's will be the leading pediatric health system in the Southwest, nationally recognized for exceptional care, innovative research and advanced medical education.
We realize this vision by:
- Offering the most comprehensive care across ages, communities and specialties
- Investing in innovative research, including emerging treatments, tools and technologies
- Advancing education and training to shape the next generation of clinical leaders
- Advocating for the health and well-being of children and families
- We place children and families at the center of all we do
- We deliver exceptional care, every day and in every way
- We collaborate with colleagues, partners and communities to amplify our impact
- We set the standards of pediatric healthcare today, and innovate for the future
- We are accountable for making the highest quality care accessible and affordable