Posting Note: This position is for our West Phoenix office located at 9250 W. Thomas Rd. Phoenix, AZ. 85037. Cross streets are Thomas Rd & 91st Ave. Hours are Monday-Friday, 7:45am-4:45pm
The Ophthalmic Technician assists in the delivery of health care and patient care management working one on one with any practice provider.
- Prepares patients for examination and treatment. This includes obtaining patient history, documenting allergies, obtains current vision measurement, maintains medication list, and generating surgical consent forms. Assists the provider in the course of the patient encounter as requested.
- Administers medications such as eye drops under physician’s written order.
- Performs automated visual field in-office testing procedure.
- Prepares exam and treatment rooms with necessary instruments.
- Maintains supplies and equipment for treatment, including sterilization.
- Travels with doctor from office to office or hospital, if applicable.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.
Phoenix Children's Mission, Vision, & Values
To advance hope, healing and the best healthcare for children and their familiesVision
Phoenix Children's will be the leading pediatric health system in the Southwest, nationally recognized for exceptional care, innovative research and advanced medical education.
We realize this vision by:
- Offering the most comprehensive care across ages, communities and specialties
- Investing in innovative research, including emerging treatments, tools and technologies
- Advancing education and training to shape the next generation of clinical leaders
- Advocating for the health and well-being of children and families
- We place children and families at the center of all we do
- We deliver exceptional care, every day and in every way
- We collaborate with colleagues, partners and communities to amplify our impact
- We set the standards of pediatric healthcare today, and innovate for the future
- We are accountable for making the highest quality care accessible and affordable