NP or PA - Emergency MedicineApply!
Posting Note: Phoenix Children’s opened as a free-standing hospital in 2002 and in the past 20 years has undergone tremendous growth. The ED at the main campus sees over 90,000 children a year and is the only free-standing level one pediatric trauma center in the state. Phoenix is located in Maricopa County and is one of the fastest growing counties in the United States. With this growth we have continued to expand our division, our facilities and our training programs which includes fellowships in both Pediatric Emergency Medicine and Pediatric Urgent Care. We are looking to expand our UC coverage and are looking for pediatricians, family medicine physicians and APP’s looking to do solely Urgent Care or a hybrid of Urgent Care and low acuity ED shifts. We currently have 5 Urgent Care centers staffed 5p-midnight Monday through Friday and 10a to 8pm on weekends. Providers are responsible for evaluating and providing evidence-based treatment to pediatric patients within their scope of practice under the Medical Director’s supervision. This position maintains effective working relationships and rapport with patients/families, other physicians, employees, and volunteers. The Urgent Care sites have the ability to perform plain radiographs, and labs include urinalysis, blood sugars, rapid strep tests, and rapid flu in the winter months. We can send COVID but not rapid tests, at this point. In this role you will assess and treat acute injury and illness; perform procedural care including but not limited to abscess drainage, foreign body removal, and laceration repair with sutures, staples, and dermal adhesive and focus on efficiency metrics to improve urgent care flow, patient experience, and throughput Qualifications include: • Pediatric experience • BC/BE in Pediatrics or Family Medicine • Current State of Arizona certification as a Nurse Practitioner / Physician Assistant or obtained by start date • Arizona state license • Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) required • Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and nonverbally
This position works in collaboration with the attending physicians and works within their scope of practice to provide excellent clinical care for patients. Plays a critical role in the patient family medical team. Professional who may practice in hospital’s inpatient and/or outpatient setting.
- Conducts comprehensive health history, physical assessments and plans for infants, children and young adults with acute and chronic health conditions. Utilizes advanced assessment skills to manage a cohort of patients.
- Orders and prescribes pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic interventions, and performs other therapeutic or corrective measures to treat illness and improve health status.
- Formulates family centered plan of care. Performs daily documents as necessary. Collaborated and coordinated care with other team members.
- Collects data and analyzes when necessary.
- Performs any needed advanced procedures that are associated with their credentialing process DOP.
- Utilizes the most up to date and evidence based practice for plan of care and able to alter the plan according to family needs and effectiveness or plan.
- Serves as an educational resource to patient/family/ nursing staff/ provider team and other health care teams as needed.
- Participates in own professional development by maintaining required competences, certifying body renewals, seeking educational offerings when available, and participates in the professional development of others which may include Advanced Practice Provider students, Residents and Medical Students. Acts as a preceptor/mentor for those new in department.
- Demonstrates commitment to patient safety by bring up concerns in appropriate manner, reporting through appropriate channels, and ensuring change of practice when necessary. Demonstrates shared accountability of safe practice.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.
Phoenix Children's Mission, Vision, & Values
To advance hope, healing and the best healthcare for children and their familiesVision
Phoenix Children's will be the leading pediatric health system in the Southwest, nationally recognized for exceptional care, innovative research and advanced medical education.
We realize this vision by:
- Offering the most comprehensive care across ages, communities and specialties
- Investing in innovative research, including emerging treatments, tools and technologies
- Advancing education and training to shape the next generation of clinical leaders
- Advocating for the health and well-being of children and families
- We place children and families at the center of all we do
- We deliver exceptional care, every day and in every way
- We collaborate with colleagues, partners and communities to amplify our impact
- We set the standards of pediatric healthcare today, and innovate for the future
- We are accountable for making the highest quality care accessible and affordable