Pre-Access Specialist IApply!
The Pre Access Specialist I is responsible for accurate and complete insurance verification, authorization, and complete pre-registration of all scheduled clinic visits and office based procedures. The position works within the EMR using an automated insurance verification tool along with payer websites and documents within the EMR.
- Obtains insurance verification and benefits using an automated verification tool, insurance carrier websites, or by phone. Prepares an estimate for scheduled service and notifies the patient/guarantor of any applicable out of pocket and requests payment if applicable. Accurately documents all information in the appropriate fields and or/account notes.
- Obtains all necessary authorizations for scheduled clinic visits and office based procedures and accurately documents all information in the appropriate fields and/or account notes.
- Organizes, prioritizes and reviews daily work activity to ensure completion of assigned workload.
- Courteously answers telephone and/or emails and answers all questions in a timely manner. Maintains a positive working relationship with patients/guarantors, insurance companies, clinical personnel, co-workers, and management to promote teamwork, cooperation, and a positive public image for PCH.
- Participates in a variety of unit and hospital educational programs to maintain current skill and competency levels.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.
Phoenix Children's Mission, Vision, & Values
To advance hope, healing and the best healthcare for children and their familiesVision
Phoenix Children's will be the leading pediatric health system in the Southwest, nationally recognized for exceptional care, innovative research and advanced medical education.
We realize this vision by:
- Offering the most comprehensive care across ages, communities and specialties
- Investing in innovative research, including emerging treatments, tools and technologies
- Advancing education and training to shape the next generation of clinical leaders
- Advocating for the health and well-being of children and families
- We place children and families at the center of all we do
- We deliver exceptional care, every day and in every way
- We collaborate with colleagues, partners and communities to amplify our impact
- We set the standards of pediatric healthcare today, and innovate for the future
- We are accountable for making the highest quality care accessible and affordable