This position performs a variety of inventory related duties including, supply-stocking, and distribution functions for all clinical and non-clinical areas of the Hospital to provide for the continuous availability of supplies for efficient department operations. Materials Handlers maintain required inventory management processes; meeting supply needs with prompt delivery and assuring accuracy of ordering and issuing to departments.
- Distributes and restocks supplies to end users in accordance with established policies and procedures. Moves and stocks supplies to appropriate shelving locations once receiving is complete. Delivers equipment when specified, in a timely manner.
- Maintains current inventory records by using appropriate Supply Chain Technologies (Par Ex, Lawson) to accurately document movement of supplies, to provide for accurate, up-to-date inventory information. Participates in regular cycle counts to ensure accuracy of stock levels in all areas, as well as year-end inventory counts.
- Reviews expiration dates and pulls expired items in accordance to established standards. Ensures all Supply Chain work areas are clean and organized, including Central Supply and all supply areas throughout the facility.
- Receives supply and equipment calls from departments and coordinates delivery of items to ensure accuracy and timeliness of response in accordance with established standards. Demonstrates excellent customer service when interacting with customers to address supply issues.
- Stocks and replenishes code carts, mother carts, and other related areas to provide for ongoing availability of required items in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.
Phoenix Children's Mission, Vision, & Values
To advance hope, healing and the best healthcare for children and their familiesVision
Phoenix Children's will be the leading pediatric health system in the Southwest, nationally recognized for exceptional care, innovative research and advanced medical education.
We realize this vision by:
- Offering the most comprehensive care across ages, communities and specialties
- Investing in innovative research, including emerging treatments, tools and technologies
- Advancing education and training to shape the next generation of clinical leaders
- Advocating for the health and well-being of children and families
- We place children and families at the center of all we do
- We deliver exceptional care, every day and in every way
- We collaborate with colleagues, partners and communities to amplify our impact
- We set the standards of pediatric healthcare today, and innovate for the future
- We are accountable for making the highest quality care accessible and affordable