Lead Financial Counselor
Posting Note: Join our dynamic team as a Lead Financial Counselor! This position will train and work out of Main Campus (20th St and Thomas Rd) until the opening of our Mercy-Gilbert Hospital, which will be the permanent home for this position (L-202 and Val Vista Rd). Schedule will be Monday - Friday from 9am - 5:30pm. If you have a passion with working with families and have HEA/AHCCCS application experience, apply today!
This position guides and trains the Family Financial Counselors in working with patient families to educate them on insurance benefits, payment options and out of pocket amounts due, assisting them in obtaining 3rd party coverage through government and commercial avenues and walking them through the PCH financial assistance and premium assistance programs when applicable. The Lead Financial Counselor thinks creatively about coverage options in a changing healthcare environment and provides a customer service friendly approach that is coordinated with with the patient's care team in order to ensure that the family has a full understanding of liability, coverage and coverage options, and payment options.
- Conducts training and quality assurance with family financial counselors to ensure that they understand all aspects of their job duties and are performing them consistently and at the standard level set by the organization. Ensures that staff are oriented to the job expectations so they may fully carry out their responsibilities.
- Maintains a positive working relationship with patients/guarantors, insurance companies, government entities, clinical personnel, co-workers and management to promote teamwork, cooperation and a positive public image for PCH.
- Fulfills all the duties of the Family Financial Services Counselor and acts as back up coverage for staff shortages due to PTO, open positions, and times of high volume.
- Participates in a variety of unit and hospital education programs to maintain current skill and competency levels.
- Provides input regarding staff performance to the Supervisor of Admitting and Financial Counseling such that he/she can review employees' performance annually and can take corrective action when necessary.
- Resolves problems with internal and external clients. Involves other supervisors an department leadership as necessary.
- Maintains an in depth understanding of the Federal Marketplace, Medicare, Managed Care, AHCCCS, and other third party payer rules, authorization and billing requirements.
- Acts as primary financial contact for all international patients seeking health care services from PCH/PCMG.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.
Phoenix Children's Mission, Vision, & Values
To advance hope, healing and the best healthcare for children and their familiesVision
Phoenix Children's will be the leading pediatric health system in the Southwest, nationally recognized for exceptional care, innovative research and advanced medical education.
We realize this vision by:
- Offering the most comprehensive care across ages, communities and specialties
- Investing in innovative research, including emerging treatments, tools and technologies
- Advancing education and training to shape the next generation of clinical leaders
- Advocating for the health and well-being of children and families
- We place children and families at the center of all we do
- We deliver exceptional care, every day and in every way
- We collaborate with colleagues, partners and communities to amplify our impact
- We set the standards of pediatric healthcare today, and innovate for the future
- We are accountable for making the highest quality care accessible and affordable