Base Hospital Outreach CoordinatorApply!
Posting Note: The Coordinator will be based at the Phoenix Campus
This position is the liaison between the hospital and community agencies (EMS partners) with regard to coordination of patient care. This position assists in the development of PC protocols and processes and educates agencies on established protocols. This position raises awareness of the PC Emergency Services through community outreach efforts.
Provides training and education to EMS partner staff
- Provides initial and ongoing education and competency validation to various EMS staffs, as well as maintenance and documentation of education and training records.
Assists in the development, implementation and ongoing review of pre-hospital policies and protocols related to coordination of patient care, and participates in bi-annual review with medical director.
- a) Participates in bi-annual review with medical director.
- b) Participates in bi-annual review of AzDHS publications.
- Assists in the maintenance of contracts and ongoing communications with agencies; coordinates and collaborates with Legal/Risk departments.
Coordinates and facilitates EMS partner communication
- a) Attends and active participation on state meetings related to EMS operations.
- b) Correlates and submits requested data and/or reports.
- c) Contributes to positive collaborative relationships and communication, with internal and external customers.
- Coordinates with pharmacy refill of narcotic medication with EMS partners.
Responsible for Communication equipment used with EMS partners
- a) Collaborates with internal stakeholders to ensure appropriate communication equipment is available and functional.
- b) Maintains records, as needed
- a) Audits records per guidelines/protocols.
- b) Provides feedback to PC staff and EMS providers.
- c) Coordinates and participates in pre-hospital quality management efforts related to pre-hospital staff and functions
- d) Maintains and coordinates requirements for base station certification/re-certification.
- a) Provides follow-up on EMS provider exposure to communicable diseases
- b) Maintains and assists with data collection and analysis.
Coordinates and participates in Community Outreach activities
- a) Provides education, as needed
- b) Coordinates activities related to EMS Week, PC sponsored EMS conferences, ect
- c) Coordinates on-campus activities, in conjunction with Injury Prevention and/or Trauma as appropriate.
- Coordinates emergency drills, communicates with AzDHS and attends statutory committee meetings.
- Coordinates hospital-based paramedic student education rotation and continuing education experiences.
- Assists Emergency Department Educators with ongoing education related to pre-hospital and serves as a content and clinical expert for the Emergency Department Technicians and Paramedics.
- Assists with clinical care in the Emergency Department including but not limited to: providing bedside clinical care within their defined licensure scope, assisting real-time with critical transfers and providing expertise and recommendations to the clinical team.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.
Phoenix Children's Mission, Vision, & Values
To advance hope, healing and the best healthcare for children and their familiesVision
Phoenix Children's will be the leading pediatric health system in the Southwest, nationally recognized for exceptional care, innovative research and advanced medical education.
We realize this vision by:
- Offering the most comprehensive care across ages, communities and specialties
- Investing in innovative research, including emerging treatments, tools and technologies
- Advancing education and training to shape the next generation of clinical leaders
- Advocating for the health and well-being of children and families
- We place children and families at the center of all we do
- We deliver exceptional care, every day and in every way
- We collaborate with colleagues, partners and communities to amplify our impact
- We set the standards of pediatric healthcare today, and innovate for the future
- We are accountable for making the highest quality care accessible and affordable