Dir, Nursing Research & InnovationApply!
This position provides leadership, assistance, and support in the development, implementation, and evaluation of pediatric nursing research projects and nursing quality initiatives, which enhance the quality and outcomes of pediatric nursing care at Phoenix Children’s. This position also develops pediatric nursing research goals in collaboration with the CNO, nursing leadership, providers, other health care professionals, and patients and families.
- Works in conjunction and cooperatively with leadership team to identify knowledge gaps to ensure solutions contribute to improved performance and optimal patient outcomes.
- Fosters an environment of nursing clinical inquiry and evidence-based practice.
- Fosters the development of a practice environment conducive to the conduct and utilization/translation of nursing research.
- Consults with nurses and other professionals within Phoenix Children`s regarding research and evidence-based quality initiatives. Directs development, implementation, and evaluation of nursing sensitive quality indicators and standards for clinical nursing practice that supports high quality services and compliance with established standards.
- Develops departmental performance and financial outcome measures, related tracking and monitoring systems to achieve overall organizational, clinical, and operational objectives.
- Directs, implements, and evaluates departmental, functional, and/or service-related policies and procedures. Proactively assesses program, service, and functional effectiveness; makes regular and consistent effort to develop and facilitate continuous process improvement.
- Facilitates planning efforts for assigned areas, focusing on effective translation of strategy into operational objectives and specific, measurable goals. Collaborates with academic institutions and affiliates to develop innovative pediatric training programs and education opportunities to bridge the transition to practice gap.
- Acts as a liaison with local schools of nursing for research development.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.
Phoenix Children's Mission, Vision, & Values
To advance hope, healing and the best healthcare for children and their familiesVision
Phoenix Children's will be the leading pediatric health system in the Southwest, nationally recognized for exceptional care, innovative research and advanced medical education.
We realize this vision by:
- Offering the most comprehensive care across ages, communities and specialties
- Investing in innovative research, including emerging treatments, tools and technologies
- Advancing education and training to shape the next generation of clinical leaders
- Advocating for the health and well-being of children and families
- We place children and families at the center of all we do
- We deliver exceptional care, every day and in every way
- We collaborate with colleagues, partners and communities to amplify our impact
- We set the standards of pediatric healthcare today, and innovate for the future
- We are accountable for making the highest quality care accessible and affordable