Pressure Injury Prevention Skin RNApply!
Posting Note: This is a full-time position (40 hours/week) - Schedule: Monday-Friday, 2pm - 1030pm
The Pressure Injury Prevention (PIP)/Skin Nurse will use the nursing process and work in collaboration with the healthcare team, Wound/Ostomy team, patient and family to promote patient skin health through delivery of professional nursing care appropriate to patients age and condition as documented in the nursing and medical plans of care in accordance with evidence-based nursing and patient care practice standards and hospital goals, values and regulatory standards.
- Using specialized knowledge, conducts nursing assessments of skin health and risk factors for infants, children, and young adults with acute and chronic health conditions, considering health history.
- Formulates individual family centered nursing plan of care related to skin health and risk factors. Documents plan of care and response on an ongoing basis, as necessary.
- Collaborates with health care team including Wound/Ostomy team as necessary for the care of patient.
- Formulates culturally sensitive, expected nursing outcomes related to skin health based on assessment and diagnosis.
- Assists the patient and/or family in appropriate options for nursing care related to skin health.
- Utilizes the most up to date and evidence-based practice for nursing plan of care and able to alter the plan according to family needs and effectiveness or plan.
- Determines and implements appropriate nursing plan of care or escalates as appropriate.
- Provides expert hands-on nursing care for patients with or at-risk for skin breakdown or pressure injury.
- Coordinates nursing care for the prevention and management of complications related to skin health.
- Serves as an educational resource to patient/family/ nursing staff/ provider team and other health care teams as needed.
- Monitors patients for treatment effectiveness and increase risk as condition changes; and escalates concerns.
- Collects pertinent data and analyzes when necessary.
- Assists in evaluating nursing processes, policies, procedures, protocols, and guidelines, making recommendations as appropriate, to improve outcomes related to skin health and pressure injury prevention.
- Participates and engages with the Quality Team and Pressure Injury HAC Committee on skin health and pressure injury prevention initiatives.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.
Phoenix Children's Mission, Vision, & Values
To advance hope, healing and the best healthcare for children and their familiesVision
Phoenix Children's will be the leading pediatric health system in the Southwest, nationally recognized for exceptional care, innovative research and advanced medical education.
We realize this vision by:
- Offering the most comprehensive care across ages, communities and specialties
- Investing in innovative research, including emerging treatments, tools and technologies
- Advancing education and training to shape the next generation of clinical leaders
- Advocating for the health and well-being of children and families
- We place children and families at the center of all we do
- We deliver exceptional care, every day and in every way
- We collaborate with colleagues, partners and communities to amplify our impact
- We set the standards of pediatric healthcare today, and innovate for the future
- We are accountable for making the highest quality care accessible and affordable