Posting Note: Phoenix Children's Division of Endocrinology and Diabetes is seeking a full-time physician. The Division of Endocrinology and Diabetes at Phoenix Children’s is the largest pediatric endocrinology and diabetes program in Arizona. We have several diabetes educators, dieticians, Endocrine nurses, a Diabetes Program Manager, a CARE obesity program with a manager, a research director, a quality director, and a medical director. We are building an Endocrine Quality and Innovation Center for utilizing data gathering to improve population health in various diseases we treat. This position can be located at our new, Northwest Valley Arrowhead location, or at the Phoenix Children’s Main campus in downtown Phoenix. Ideal candidates should have an interest in a general endocrinology practice. In addition, we would welcome candidates with an interest in tailoring their clinical work and research involvement towards Type 2 diabetes/Obesity/Bariatrics. With its tight-knit faculty and long-term experienced staff, the Division of Endocrinology and Diabetes at Phoenix Children’s is devoted to helping our providers succeed on multiple platforms. The department is staffed with an Endocrine Research director, PhD who helps guide physicians in starting new research projects, as well as an Endocrine Quality director who helps guide physicians in starting new quality projects. Weekly academic meetings including journal clubs and research meetings are held. We have a well-established fellowship program and residency program. All of this makes this division welcoming and an overall warm work environment. Other details about the position include: - Call approximately 7 to 8 full weeks per year for full time. No clinics when on call. - 7 to 8 half-day clinics per week on average when not on call. - Competitive compensation plus productivity bonuses. Successful candidates must have: - MD/DO - BE/BC in Pediatrics and Pediatric Endocrinology - Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively with other professionals to advance clinical programs and research - Strong telemedicine skills and comfort with this mode of medical care, as we utilize this for outreach clinics at times. Phoenix Children’s has academic appointments at University of Arizona College of Medicine-Phoenix, Mayo Medical School, and Creighton Med School.
The staff physician shall provide patient care services and will support the PCH mission of providing hope, healing and the best health care for children and their families.
Patient Care Services
- 1)Provide patient care services for which he/she is clinically privileged, including but not limited to:
- a)Provide direct patient care services on an inpatient and outpatient basis
- b)Provide subspecialty consultations and follow-up.
- c)Provide diagnostic and therapeutic services/procedures
- d)Provide these services for urgent/ emergent care as necessary
- 2)Strive to achieve the best patient and family centered care
- 3)Support Hospital’s patient satisfaction goals as well as division’s specific targets
- 4)Support and adhere to divisional patient safety and quality of care standards
- 5)Practices Contemporary Evidence based medicine or latest experience based medicine
- 1)Establish and demonstrate effort to achieve annual physician goals and objectives (e.g. individual, division, hospital)
- 2)Support the medical education programs and activities of the Division, including but not limited to:
- a)Provide direct supervision of trainees and allied health care professionals for the delivery of inpatient and outpatient services when applicable
- b)Conduct teaching rounds, lectures and conference for trainees
- c)Participate in the teaching and supervision of trainees and allied health care professionals assigned to the division
- d)Participate in the postgraduate continuing educational activities of the division
- 3)Support the research endeavors of the division including the research initiatives by other members of the division
- 4)Support programmatic growth of division
- 5)Support satellite efforts of division when appropriate
- 1)Treat colleagues, PCH employees and customers with courtesy, dignity and respect
- 2)Promote safe, cooperative and professional health care environment
- 3)Support PCH mission, vision and values, including family centered care, excellence in clinical care, leadership, collaboration, and accountability
- 1)Physician shall support the Division Chief in his/her role as liaison to the professional community and general public as requested by the Division Chief
- 2)Physician may conduct teaching rounds or conferences outside of PCH, particularly if these activities support divisional clinical and teaching programs/ initiatives.
- 3)Physician shall represent PCH in the medical and business communities and before the general public in a professional manner
- 4)The following physical and mental skills are essential to the physician’s ability to successfully perform the foregoing duties and responsibilities:
- a)The ability to communicate by telephone, computer or other communication devices
- b)The ability to perform after hours or night call responsibilities as needed
- c)The ability to work regularly scheduled work hours
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.
Phoenix Children's Mission, Vision, & Values
To advance hope, healing and the best healthcare for children and their familiesVision
Phoenix Children's will be the leading pediatric health system in the Southwest, nationally recognized for exceptional care, innovative research and advanced medical education.
We realize this vision by:
- Offering the most comprehensive care across ages, communities and specialties
- Investing in innovative research, including emerging treatments, tools and technologies
- Advancing education and training to shape the next generation of clinical leaders
- Advocating for the health and well-being of children and families
- We place children and families at the center of all we do
- We deliver exceptional care, every day and in every way
- We collaborate with colleagues, partners and communities to amplify our impact
- We set the standards of pediatric healthcare today, and innovate for the future
- We are accountable for making the highest quality care accessible and affordable