Family Financial Svc CounselorApply!
Posting Note: Come join our caring team of representatives as a Family Financial Service Counselor. This is a full-time position based out of our Avondale location. Schedule would be Tuesday - Saturday from 12:00pm - 8:30pm. Shift and weekend differentials would apply to this position! Must have experience with working with federal and state insurance applications and programs, as well as be knowledgeable about HMO's and third-party payers.
This position works with patient families to educate them on applicable insurance benefits and payment options for out of pocket amounts due. For uninsured and underinsured patients, the Family Financial Services Counselor works with the family to assist them in obtaining 3rd party covered through government and/or commercial plans and also walks them through the PCH financial assistance application process. This position provides a customer service friendly approach that is coordinated with the patient's care team in order to ensure that the family has a full understanding of liability, coverage and coverage options, and payment options.
- Meets with insured patient's parent/guardian to: Explain relevant benefits and applicable out of pocket amounts based on data obtained through various electronic tools and in payer websites. Determine family's ability to pay. Review existing balances with families. Develop a comprehensive plan to cover out of pocket amounts which may include one or more of the following: -Prompt pay discounts -Secondary coverage -Payment plans -Financial assistance/sliding scale discount -Other options Assist with the resolution of billing inquiries by facilitating process with customer service.
Meets with self-pay patient's parent/guardian to:
- Assess options for coverage payment which may include one or more of the following:
- Prompt pay discounts
- Commercial coverage
- Government coverage
- Financial Assistance/sliding scale discount
- Provide patient estimates prior to service to assist patients in determining cost of services and options for payment.
- Provide accurate and timely documentation for patient's accounts explaining activities and interactions with family members, staff, and outside sources on behalf of the patient.
- Provide complete and orderly financial assistance packets to management for review and approval.
- Tracks all financial assistance applications in central repository.
- Works collaboratively with PCH/PCMG departments, payers, and vendors on behalf of the patient.
- Maintains a general understanding of the Federal Marketplace, Medicare, Managed Care, AHCCCS, and other third party payer rules, authorization and billing requirements.
- Provides feedback to management regarding work related problems and assists with resolution to provide excellent customer service.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.
Phoenix Children's Mission, Vision, & Values
To advance hope, healing and the best healthcare for children and their familiesVision
Phoenix Children's will be the leading pediatric health system in the Southwest, nationally recognized for exceptional care, innovative research and advanced medical education.
We realize this vision by:
- Offering the most comprehensive care across ages, communities and specialties
- Investing in innovative research, including emerging treatments, tools and technologies
- Advancing education and training to shape the next generation of clinical leaders
- Advocating for the health and well-being of children and families
- We place children and families at the center of all we do
- We deliver exceptional care, every day and in every way
- We collaborate with colleagues, partners and communities to amplify our impact
- We set the standards of pediatric healthcare today, and innovate for the future
- We are accountable for making the highest quality care accessible and affordable