Posting Note: Sign-on bonuses and relocation incentives are available. We are now hiring full-time Audiologists for our Phoenix, Gilbert, and Arrowhead campuses. Phoenix Children’s has the largest team of pediatric audiologists in the Phoenix area. Each member of our team has pediatric-specific training in diagnostics and hearing aids. We work closely with many other specialties, including otolaryngology (ear, nose, and throat/ENT), speech pathology, and hematology and oncology. We also work closely with outside providers, such as school districts, community otolaryngologists, pediatricians, and early intervention specialists.
This position provides high quality and appropriate patient care in the area of Audiology.
Provides Diagnostic Audiology Assessments
- Seeks advice from other audiologists on aspects of practice as needed
- Selects appropriate diagnostic assessments, such as evoked potentials, otoacoustic emissions, tympanometry, conditioned play, etc, based on age of child, development level, reason for visit, medical history and department guidelines. Uses age appropriate communication style and language with patients. Obtains and interprets age specific audiometric data correctly using department norms. Demonstrates knowledge of normal growth progression (physical, cognitive, social, emotional) and developmental milestones
- Effectively interviews parents prior to formal evaluation and communicates results, recommendations, and financial resources to parents after evaluation in an effective manner. Involves family in care plans and educational activities.
- Makes appropriate recommendations for amplification, therapy, referral, follow up testing, educational adaptations, and home care for patients with hearing loss and for those at risk for hearing loss
- Seeks advice from other audiologists when treating patients with complex hearing loss, and syndromes as needed
- Selects, fits and checks hearing aids based on department guidelines. Refers appropriate patients to the cochlear implant team
- Submits correct codes to pre access for accurate insurance verification. Uses Hearing Aid and Loaner contract or tracking sheet consistently. Documents and charges for amplification within 24 hours
- Accurately completes documentation and charges within 24 hours.
- Completes clear concise reports using documentation templates.
- Includes appropriate professionals on cc of reports, following HIPAA guidelines.
- Enters orders for future visits
- Ensures safe handoffs via appropriate clinical information.
- Troubleshoots equipment, informs supervisor of equipment issues, and works with supervisor to create plan for coverage until equipment is repaired.
- Daily biologic check of all clinical equipment
- Participates in huddles and staff meetings
- Participates in the development of evidence-based protocols and guidelines.
- Participates in department process improvement
- Serves on audiology committees, and specialty teams.
- May supervise a practicum student after 3 years of experience
- Acquires continuing education to increase professional growth.
- Proactively shares knowledge gained with peers
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.
Phoenix Children's Mission, Vision, & Values
To advance hope, healing and the best healthcare for children and their familiesVision
Phoenix Children's will be the leading pediatric health system in the Southwest, nationally recognized for exceptional care, innovative research and advanced medical education.
We realize this vision by:
- Offering the most comprehensive care across ages, communities and specialties
- Investing in innovative research, including emerging treatments, tools and technologies
- Advancing education and training to shape the next generation of clinical leaders
- Advocating for the health and well-being of children and families
- We place children and families at the center of all we do
- We deliver exceptional care, every day and in every way
- We collaborate with colleagues, partners and communities to amplify our impact
- We set the standards of pediatric healthcare today, and innovate for the future
- We are accountable for making the highest quality care accessible and affordable