NP - NeonatalApply!
Posting Note: Phoenix Children’s Hospital’s Neonatology division ranks #20 in the US News and World Report and for the 5th year has ranking in all 10 medical specialties. We are proud to be Arizona’s only children’s hospital and one of only 22 designated children’s hospitals in the U.S. Phoenix Children’s also consistently ranks on the Becker’s Hospital Review list of the 150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare and was named the 2018 Exceptional Innovator and Business of the Year by the Greater Phoenix Chamber of Commerce. Our Advanced Practice Providers work collaboratively with the Neonatologist providing comprehensive care for the most critically ill and convalescing neonates and their families, following established, evidenced based practice. Our Neonatal NP and PA-C are encouraged to participate in research projects, divisional QI, and have the opportunity to participate in teaching. Team members have ample opportunity for personal growth while collaborating with other providers to improve care and outcomes for our patient population. This new and fast-growing division at Phoenix Children’s currently includes 4 facilities: - 33 bed AAP designation Level 4 referral NICU with plans for expansion - 72 bed Level 3 delivery center - 28 bed Level 2 delivery center - 12 bed level 2 delivery center with an expansion to a 60 bed Level 3 NICU in a brand-new mother-baby tower to open by 2023. All subspecialties work collaboratively within the NICUs and the delivery center NICUs offer opportunities to attend high-risk deliveries and perform procedures within their scope of practice. Services include, but not limited to, ECMO, HFOV, iNO, and whole-body cooling.
This position works in collaboration with the attending physicians and works within their scope of practice to provide excellent clinical care for patients. Plays a critical role in the patient family medical team. Professional who may practice in hospital’s inpatient and/or outpatient setting.
- Conducts comprehensive health history, physical assessments and plans for infants, children and young adults with acute and chronic health conditions. Utilizes advanced assessment skills to manage a cohort of patients.
- Orders and prescribes pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic interventions, and performs other therapeutic or corrective measures to treat illness and improve health status.
- Formulates family centered plan of care. Performs daily documents as necessary. Collaborated and coordinated care with other team members.
- Collects data and analyzes when necessary.
- Performs any needed advanced procedures that are associated with their credentialing process DOP.
- Utilizes the most up to date and evidence based practice for plan of care and able to alter the plan according to family needs and effectiveness or plan.
- Serves as an educational resource to patient/family/ nursing staff/ provider team and other health care teams as needed.
- Participates in own professional development by maintaining required competencies, certifying body renewals, seeking educational offerings when available, and participates in the professional development of others which may include Advanced Practice Provider students, Residents and Medical Students. Acts as a preceptor/mentor for those new in department.
- Demonstrates commitment to patient safety by bring up concerns in appropriate manner, reporting through appropriate channels, and ensuring change of practice when necessary. Demonstrates shared accountability of safe practice.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.
Phoenix Children's Mission, Vision, & Values
To advance hope, healing and the best healthcare for children and their familiesVision
Phoenix Children's will be the leading pediatric health system in the Southwest, nationally recognized for exceptional care, innovative research and advanced medical education.
We realize this vision by:
- Offering the most comprehensive care across ages, communities and specialties
- Investing in innovative research, including emerging treatments, tools and technologies
- Advancing education and training to shape the next generation of clinical leaders
- Advocating for the health and well-being of children and families
- We place children and families at the center of all we do
- We deliver exceptional care, every day and in every way
- We collaborate with colleagues, partners and communities to amplify our impact
- We set the standards of pediatric healthcare today, and innovate for the future
- We are accountable for making the highest quality care accessible and affordable