Transfusion Medicine PhysicianApply!
Posting Note: Transfusion Medicine Physician Role: Are you a skilled Transfusion Medicine physician ready to profoundly impact pediatric healthcare? Look no further than Phoenix Children's, a nationally recognized leader in pediatric medical care, research, and education. We invite you to embark on an extraordinary journey with us and be part of a compassionate, innovative, and rapidly growing healthcare institution. Why Choose Phoenix Children's? At Phoenix Children's, we're more than just a hospital; we're a vibrant community of healthcare professionals dedicated to enhancing the lives of children. Here's why you should consider joining our team: 1. Cutting-Edge Medicine: As a Transfusion Medicine physician at Phoenix Children's, you will be an integral part of our Pediatric Apheresis Service, Transfusion Service, and Coagulation Service. Our blood bank handles a full spectrum of immunohematology testing, distributing 18,000 blood products annually. You'll also be involved in therapeutic apheresis, phlebotomy, stem and mononuclear cell collections, LDL apheresis, and multiple research product collections. Your work will directly impact the well-being of our young patients. 2. Opportunities for Growth: We value your expertise and offer numerous opportunities for professional development. Whether you're interested in medical directorships, program development, research, education, or other aspects of pathology, we'll support your goals. We also encourage faculty appointments with renowned institutions like the University of Arizona-Phoenix College of Medicine, Mayo Clinic Arizona, and Creighton University School of Medicine. 3. Collaborative Environment: Strong interpersonal skills are vital, and we foster a culture of collaboration at Phoenix Children's. You'll work closely with a diverse team of healthcare professionals, including physicians, clinical lab scientists, nurses, caregivers, and our leadership teams, united in our mission to advance patient care. This includes a rapidly growing Department of Pathology with 18 faculty members. 4. Thriving Community: Phoenix Children's serves the fourth-largest pediatric market in the fifth-largest city in the United States. We are expanding to enhance patient access with multiple ambulatory buildings and upcoming satellite hospitals state and countywide. Our main hospital campus offers 433 licensed beds, including dedicated pediatric and cardiac intensive care units. We expect to reach over 650 beds within the Healthcare system by the end of 2024. 5. Recognition and Innovation: We're not just any hospital; we're Arizona's only children's hospital recognized by US News & World Report's Best Children's Hospitals. In 2020-21, we ranked in all 10 specialties. Phoenix Children's is also consistently listed among the 150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare by Becker's Hospital Review and received accolades as the 2018 Exceptional Innovator and Business of the Year by the Greater Phoenix Chamber of Commerce. How to Join Us: If you're ready to be part of our exceptional team, we invite you to submit your inquiries with your CV and references to: David Blaha Physician Talent Acquisition Partner Email: firstname.lastname@example.org At Phoenix Children's, we believe in the power of compassionate care and innovation. Join us in making a meaningful difference in the lives of children and their families. Your expertise is needed, and your journey begins here.
The staff physician shall provide patient care services and will support the PCH mission of providing hope, healing and the best health care for children and their families.
Patient Care Services
- 1)Provide patient care services for which he/she is clinically privileged, including but not limited to:
- a)Provide direct patient care services on an inpatient and outpatient basis
- b)Provide subspecialty consultations and follow-up.
- c)Provide diagnostic and therapeutic services/procedures
- d)Provide these services for urgent/ emergent care as necessary
- 2)Strive to achieve the best patient and family centered care
- 3)Support Hospital’s patient satisfaction goals as well as division’s specific targets
- 4)Support and adhere to divisional patient safety and quality of care standards
- 5)Practices Contemporary Evidence based medicine or latest experience based medicine
- 1)Establish and demonstrate effort to achieve annual physician goals and objectives (e.g. individual, division, hospital)
- 2)Support the medical education programs and activities of the Division, including but not limited to:
- a)Provide direct supervision of trainees and allied health care professionals for the delivery of inpatient and outpatient services when applicable
- b)Conduct teaching rounds, lectures and conference for trainees
- c)Participate in the teaching and supervision of trainees and allied health care professionals assigned to the division
- d)Participate in the postgraduate continuing educational activities of the division
- 3)Support the research endeavors of the division including the research initiatives by other members of the division
- 4)Support programmatic growth of division
- 5)Support satellite efforts of division when appropriate
- 1)Treat colleagues, PCH employees and customers with courtesy, dignity and respect
- 2)Promote safe, cooperative and professional health care environment
- 3)Support PCH mission, vision and values, including family centered care, excellence in clinical care, leadership, collaboration, and accountability
- 1)Physician shall support the Division Chief in his/her role as liaison to the professional community and general public as requested by the Division Chief
- 2)Physician may conduct teaching rounds or conferences outside of PCH, particularly if these activities support divisional clinical and teaching programs/ initiatives.
- 3)Physician shall represent PCH in the medical and business communities and before the general public in a professional manner
- 4)The following physical and mental skills are essential to the physician’s ability to successfully perform the foregoing duties and responsibilities:
- a)The ability to communicate by telephone, computer or other communication devices
- b)The ability to perform after hours or night call responsibilities as needed
- c)The ability to work regularly scheduled work hours
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.
Phoenix Children's Mission, Vision, & Values
To advance hope, healing and the best healthcare for children and their familiesVision
Phoenix Children's will be the leading pediatric health system in the Southwest, nationally recognized for exceptional care, innovative research and advanced medical education.
We realize this vision by:
- Offering the most comprehensive care across ages, communities and specialties
- Investing in innovative research, including emerging treatments, tools and technologies
- Advancing education and training to shape the next generation of clinical leaders
- Advocating for the health and well-being of children and families
- We place children and families at the center of all we do
- We deliver exceptional care, every day and in every way
- We collaborate with colleagues, partners and communities to amplify our impact
- We set the standards of pediatric healthcare today, and innovate for the future
- We are accountable for making the highest quality care accessible and affordable