The Manager, Compensation leads the Compensation function and ensures the Compensation strategy is implemented, outcomes meet current and future business needs, is established within budget and complies with all relevant regulations, laws and employment standards. This position designs and implements compensation programs to meet objectives in regards to internal equity and external market competitiveness. These programs may include job evaluation, salary administration, incentive plans, and executive and physician compensation. Liaise with leadership to develop and implement local compensation strategies appropriate for their business needs and consistent with the organization’s overall reward strategy.
- Plans, develops, recommends and implements new and revised compensation strategies, programs, policies and procedures, in order to be responsive to the Company’s strategic goals and competitive practices. Oversees exempt, non-exempt, physician, and executive salary surveys to ensure corporate compensation objectives are achieved.
- Designs, implements and oversees administration of base and variable compensation programs, including annual salary review for all employee categories. Maintains evaluations and internal equity analysis of jobs and makes recommendations.
- Ensures compliance with FLSA standards and provisions as well as applicable state and federal wage regulations.
- Leads/oversees the identification and participation of appropriate salary surveys.
- Oversees the development of annual salary structure review and market analysis, and develops and implements fair and competitive salary structures for all employee categories below the executive level.
- Develops and implements compensation strategies to address market competition in high-demand occupations.
- Develops goals and objectives for staff consistent with department goals. Supports and guides Compensation team employee(s) on issues related to their areas.
- Provides appropriate development opportunities to ensure staff is competent and continually improving their performance.
- Communicates expectations, provides ongoing coaching/feedback, objectively assess employee performance and provide appropriate rewards and recognition
Cross Functional Projects
- Provides leadership in the management of cross-functional projects.
- Facilitates teamwork and cooperation among staff.
- Works in a consultative role with leadership, HR Divisional Directors, Talent Acquisition, and other HR team members on complex issues related to wages, incentives, general compensation, reorganizations, wage and hour regulations, and compensation policies.
Job Description Management
- 1) Manages job descriptions through the eRequest system by ensuring that content is relevant and appropriate, including minimum qualifications; that jobs are graded accurately within the PCH hierarchy and external market; that titles and job codes are consistent with the PCH identification standard and that FLSA status is in compliance.
- 2) Works collaboratively with leaders and HR Divisional Directors to develop new descriptions and/or revise existing ones.
- Manages and maintains confidential employee and Compensation information and data without exception.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.
Phoenix Children's Mission, Vision, & Values
To advance hope, healing and the best healthcare for children and their familiesVision
Phoenix Children's will be the leading pediatric health system in the Southwest, nationally recognized for exceptional care, innovative research and advanced medical education.
We realize this vision by:
- Offering the most comprehensive care across ages, communities and specialties
- Investing in innovative research, including emerging treatments, tools and technologies
- Advancing education and training to shape the next generation of clinical leaders
- Advocating for the health and well-being of children and families
- We place children and families at the center of all we do
- We deliver exceptional care, every day and in every way
- We collaborate with colleagues, partners and communities to amplify our impact
- We set the standards of pediatric healthcare today, and innovate for the future
- We are accountable for making the highest quality care accessible and affordable