Nurse Program Coord - CF
This position coordinates the patient care services, workflow, and activities provided by nursing and support staff of assigned program. This position provides guidance, support, and direction to staff to ensure consistent provision of developmentally appropriate quality patient care in accordance with all applicable federal, regulatory, and professional standards and requirements.
- Acts as a communication liaison between patient, family, and interdisciplinary team by providing teaching and support to recognize limitations and strengths within the patient/family system.
- Assists with identification of staff and community learning needs from a group and individual perspective. Provides staff and community education on new skills, equipment, policies, protocols, and/or guidelines.
- Identifies and acts upon potential risks, investigates and documents follow-up on significant incidents, and involves appropriate resource(s) to ensure timely resolution and implementation of corrective measures in accordance with professional, regulatory, and governmental agencies and standards.
- Maintains appropriate records to facilitate accurate data collection and prepares required grant reports.
- Manages the daily operations of a program. Ensures clinic and program effectiveness. Develops, implements, and monitors plans for ensuring the highest quality of care.
- Provides developmentally appropriate clinical care within professional domain to ensure delivery of quality and developmentally appropriate patient care.
- Regularly reviews research-based literature to improve clinical care for specific clinical populations as well as compliance with regulatory bodies.
- Serves as a clinical role model, patient advocate, and resource to staff, patients, and families. Shares knowledge and skills of specialty area to assist problem solve collaboratively. Maintains skill and knowledge proficiency and competency within specialty area.
- Works collaboratively with unit leadership to provide guidance and direction to staff by taking an active role in planning, decision-making, and communication to healthcare team of issues affecting the interdisciplinary team and integration of patient care activities.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.
Phoenix Children's Mission, Vision, & Values
To advance hope, healing and the best healthcare for children and their familiesVision
Phoenix Children's will be the leading pediatric health system in the Southwest, nationally recognized for exceptional care, innovative research and advanced medical education.
We realize this vision by:
- Offering the most comprehensive care across ages, communities and specialties
- Investing in innovative research, including emerging treatments, tools and technologies
- Advancing education and training to shape the next generation of clinical leaders
- Advocating for the health and well-being of children and families
- We place children and families at the center of all we do
- We deliver exceptional care, every day and in every way
- We collaborate with colleagues, partners and communities to amplify our impact
- We set the standards of pediatric healthcare today, and innovate for the future
- We are accountable for making the highest quality care accessible and affordable