Clinical Nurse - Radiology
Posting Note: Phoenix Children's has a PART TIME Clinical Nurse position open in our Radiology unit!!! This is a great opportunity for a nurse who is wanting to work two days a week, 6 AM - 3:30 PM. Incumbent must have a minimum of 2 years working in a critical care unit. You will be trained in all the various specialties of the radiology, i.e., MRI, X-Ray, Nuclear Medicine, etc. You will work alongside the smartest providers in the country who are diagnosing our kiddos, and work with one of the best teams in the hospital. This position does require some call, one weekday night, and one weekend day in a 7 week period. Training is 6 weeks, but may be longer depending on availability/schedule of incumbent. Don't miss this rare Part Time position, and apply now!!!
This position will work in collaboration with the healthcare team, patient and family to promote patient health through delivery of professional nursing care appropriate to patients age and condition as documented in the nursing and medical plans of care in accordance with evidence-based nursing and patient care practice standards and hospital goals, values and regulatory standards.
- Completes nursing assessment of patient conditions consistent with age and condition, including physical, psychological, social, developmental, and educational factors, to determine initial level of compliance with treatment plan per policy and unit guidelines. Performs ongoing patient and family assessments and identifies variations from diagnoses.
- Continually evaluates patient responses to care, teaching, and discharge plans. Documents patient progress in appropriate charts and shares observations and assessment outcomes with healthcare team and families to ensure timely communication and understanding of patient health status, progress, and ongoing needs.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing required activities within established parameters to ensure compliance with all applicable medication, storage and documentation standards, regulations, and requirements.
- Provides orientation to the unit, hospital systems, and processes to patients and family members to ensure familiarity with unit’s policies and requirements.
- Supervises patient care activities of assigned team members and delegates activities appropriate to knowledge, skill, and competency. Provides timely feedback and review of care delivery to ensure maintenance of patient safety, infection control procedures, therapeutic environment, and team members’ performance level, maintaining confidentiality as appropriate.
- Works collaboratively with patient care team and family members to establish and implement plan of care to ensure coordination of activities and ongoing communication of patient health status. Participates in patient care rounds and patient care conferences as appropriate.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.
Phoenix Children's Mission, Vision, & Values
To advance hope, healing and the best healthcare for children and their familiesVision
Phoenix Children's will be the leading pediatric health system in the Southwest, nationally recognized for exceptional care, innovative research and advanced medical education.
We realize this vision by:
- Offering the most comprehensive care across ages, communities and specialties
- Investing in innovative research, including emerging treatments, tools and technologies
- Advancing education and training to shape the next generation of clinical leaders
- Advocating for the health and well-being of children and families
- We place children and families at the center of all we do
- We deliver exceptional care, every day and in every way
- We collaborate with colleagues, partners and communities to amplify our impact
- We set the standards of pediatric healthcare today, and innovate for the future
- We are accountable for making the highest quality care accessible and affordable