Posting Note: Full time Mon-Friday 6am-2:30pm
Management of surgical equipment in Main OR, and specialty surgical areas. Manage and assist equipment trials with surgeons. Work with finance department and surgery management in purchasing of capital and non-capitol equipment. Troubleshooting of equipment, repair of equipment with-in scope of practice. Coordinate with Biomed, and Facilities on all repairs required by their expertise. Booking outside vendors for procedures, Stealth Navigation, Lasers. Communication with Operating Room staff on equipment issues, special vendor/rep bookings, special surgical procedures for equipment required per procedure. This position works closely with Surgical Clinical Nurses, Surgical Technicians, and Surgeons during cases to assure accurate data capture and storage.
Troubleshoots surgical equipment.
- Assists Staff in equipment set up for cases, including Stryker Integration System, laparoscopic cameras and scopes, video recording and printing, microscopes, electrochemical equipment, surgical tables, and any new medical or surgical equipment used for surgery cases.
Serves as the Liaison to Biomedical Engineering and outside vendors.
- Maintains an accurate inventory, repair and maintenance history on all surgical equipment.
- Completes work orders to Biomed and Facilities as needed.
- Follows up with Surgical Leads on capital and equipment purchases.
Assists Surgeons as needed for specialty cases.
- Sets up streaming ability to conference rooms.
- Assists in data capture and storage.
Education of Staff.
- Provides initial and ongoing training for staff involved in surgery cases.
- Reports performance issues to the appropriate supervisor in a timely manner for follow up.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.
Phoenix Children's Mission, Vision, & Values
To advance hope, healing and the best healthcare for children and their familiesVision
Phoenix Children's will be the leading pediatric health system in the Southwest, nationally recognized for exceptional care, innovative research and advanced medical education.
We realize this vision by:
- Offering the most comprehensive care across ages, communities and specialties
- Investing in innovative research, including emerging treatments, tools and technologies
- Advancing education and training to shape the next generation of clinical leaders
- Advocating for the health and well-being of children and families
- We place children and families at the center of all we do
- We deliver exceptional care, every day and in every way
- We collaborate with colleagues, partners and communities to amplify our impact
- We set the standards of pediatric healthcare today, and innovate for the future
- We are accountable for making the highest quality care accessible and affordable