RN Clinical Practice Manager - GastroenterologyApply!
Posting Note: We are seeking a passionate and accomplished clinical leader to join our GI team. This is a chance to take your career to the next level and join a passionate team that values excellence. The Clinical Practice manager is responsible for overseeing daily operations within the GI department. The ideal candidate will have several years of clinical leadership experience and proven ability to lead a dynamic team.
The Clinical Practice Manager is responsible for the 24 hour accountability of work flow, performance and overall management and operations of the designated practice(s) and other assigned areas. This position works closely with the Division Chief and Administrative Director, PCMG Operations including participation in the development and execution of strategic planning, continuous quality improvement, financial / budget reporting and monitoring. Maintains physical environment and equipment for effective operations. Delegates and supervises personnel. The position involves planning and overseeing all operations and business related activities that may include but not limited to surgical, procedural, and clinic scheduling; billing operations; coding; auditing and reimbursement operations; credentialing, and other unique practice operations and financial practices. This position seeks guidance from the Administrative Director, PCMG Operations and/or Vice President, PCMG Operations for unusual or unanticipated circumstances that require deviation from financial / operational policies and standards of practice.
Demonstrates accountability and responsibility for day-to-day operations of designated services with 24-hour accountability.
- Coordinates daily operations and work activities for clinical and non-clinical services. Staffs, schedules and appropriately uses nursing and support staff.
- Monitors staffing levels of current and upcoming shift for the department based on patient acuity, staff competencies and patient volume.
- Provides timely and appropriate resolution to patient, customer, physician, personnel, vendor and organizational concerns or complaints.
- Manages work flow, performance, and overall practice operations achieving expert care, superb service, and maximum physician/staff productivity.
- Develops and maintains an open and effective line of communication with physicians and clinic staff. Tracks and trends physician activity, including session attendance and clinic resource use activity.
- Supports and improves patient access and patient satisfaction. Listens to, and resolves, customer/patient complaints.
Maintains physical environment and equipment for effective operations.
- Anticipates and facilitates needs for repair, renovations, replacement, new purchases or modifications of work environment and equipment for the effective provision of services.
- Ensures work practices meet health, fire, safety, and regulatory requirements and compliance with Joint Commission and HIPAA standards.
Provides leadership, education, guidance, and professional development to personnel.
- Facilitates recruitment, interviewing, hiring, orientation, training, and performance review of job roles.
- Generates timely and effective documents and communicates disciplinary actions. Accurately maintains personnel and credential files.
- Addresses and coordinates staff training needs by developing standards and ensuring basic competencies for all staff. Identifies potential problem areas, develops a system for objectively monitoring performance, and creatively seeks solutions to foster quality improvement.
- Continuously optimizes staff roles and responsibilities to meet performance goals.
Demonstrates organizational and analytical skills to solve problems, make decisions, and develop systems and processes for effective workflow and financial viability.
- Develops, implements, and monitors systems and processes to promote effective and efficient operations of programs and services.
- Supports organizational strategic initiatives.
- Assists in developing and evaluating annual goals and objectives of department.
- Assists in developing and managing budget.
- Maintains effective and efficient use of providers, personnel, equipment, and capital.
- Organizes, plans, audits, and oversees all business/financial related activity that may include, but not limited to, surgical scheduling operations, billing operations, coding, auditing and reimbursement operations, credentialing and other financial practices of the department.
Prepares, justifies, and administers operating and capital budgets for the site/clinics and the related programmatic areas within institutional guidelines and in accordance with strategic plans.
- Monitors financial performance through key metric analysis. Conducts financial analyses of new or proposed programs through the development of pro forma.
- Audits, monitors, and manages the charge capture and charge reconciliation processes for the site/clinics.
- Assists in developing business plans for short-term and long-term goals.
- Manages the co-payment process, including auditing the collections and cash drawer. Manages purchasing and expense tracing processes, utilizing internal controls and reconciliation practices.
- Ensures accuracy of patient charges and justification of supply and equipment utilization. Participates in cost containment
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.
Phoenix Children's Mission, Vision, & Values
To advance hope, healing and the best healthcare for children and their familiesVision
Phoenix Children's will be the leading pediatric health system in the Southwest, nationally recognized for exceptional care, innovative research and advanced medical education.
We realize this vision by:
- Offering the most comprehensive care across ages, communities and specialties
- Investing in innovative research, including emerging treatments, tools and technologies
- Advancing education and training to shape the next generation of clinical leaders
- Advocating for the health and well-being of children and families
- We place children and families at the center of all we do
- We deliver exceptional care, every day and in every way
- We collaborate with colleagues, partners and communities to amplify our impact
- We set the standards of pediatric healthcare today, and innovate for the future
- We are accountable for making the highest quality care accessible and affordable