Respiratory Care Program Coord
The Respiratory Care Program Coordinator coordinates and supports Respiratory Care diagnostic programs according to established hospital and departmental policies, procedures and all applicable regulations and standards. This position assists in ensuring staff competencies within certain designated programs and coordinates performance improvement activities to optimize care and services. This position also maintains competencies to provide preventative, supportive, and corrective interventions related to the cardio-pulmonary system through the provision of Respiratory Care.
- Assists and supports department educational programs and competency validation. Ensures staff members are educated and competent to perform diagnostic studies. Presents educational offerings and maintains employee competency records during orientation and on an annual basis.
- Completes, reviews, and revises policies and procedural competencies relative to the programs within areas of responsibility. Seeks input from key stakeholders. Assists with and provides input into other system policies and procedures as necessary.
- Effectively monitors, evaluates, and ensures quality standards for programs within areas of responsibility. Analyzes outcomes and implements changes that improve the quality of care and the provision of a safe care environment.
- Maintains equipment, and repairs and inventories appropriate equipment par levels. Troubleshoots complex equipment and instructs others as necessary.
- Educates others on a variety of complex diagnostic and therapeutic procedures in accordance with established policies, procedures, and safety and quality standards.
- Manages other diagnostic related Respiratory Care programs such as apnea monitoring, overnight diagnostic studies, metabolic, and inpatient spirometry testing.
- Manages the operations of the blood gas program. Ensures regulatory compliance, quality controls, and staff members’ technical competence. Takes the initiative to partner with the Respiratory and Laboratory management teams for future program operational development.
- Represents the Respiratory Care profession and department on interdisciplinary committees and work teams as applicable. Works collaboratively, provides timely follow-through, and meets designated deadlines.
- Demonstrates personal accountability for completion of all tasks and functions, including the maintenance of records. Works independently, demonstrates efficient time management skills, and effectively manages multiple priorities. Uses strong verbal and written communication skills. Conveys information in a clear and effective manner. Creates an environment where open and direct expression of ideas is encouraged.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.
Phoenix Children's Mission, Vision, & Values
To advance hope, healing and the best healthcare for children and their familiesVision
Phoenix Children's will be the leading pediatric health system in the Southwest, nationally recognized for exceptional care, innovative research and advanced medical education.
We realize this vision by:
- Offering the most comprehensive care across ages, communities and specialties
- Investing in innovative research, including emerging treatments, tools and technologies
- Advancing education and training to shape the next generation of clinical leaders
- Advocating for the health and well-being of children and families
- We place children and families at the center of all we do
- We deliver exceptional care, every day and in every way
- We collaborate with colleagues, partners and communities to amplify our impact
- We set the standards of pediatric healthcare today, and innovate for the future
- We are accountable for making the highest quality care accessible and affordable