Pediatric Occupational Therapist
This position provides occupational therapy services to a pediatric population, neonate to adolescent, including evaluation and treatment in independent living, sensory-motor integration, cognitive and psychosocial skill.
- Evaluates and treats patients with occupational performance disorders/delays, demonstrating knowledge of normal development and skills necessary to provide age appropriate services in areas of self-care and play skills involving motor, sensory-integrative, cognitive, and psychosocial functions. Provides care as outlined in standards of care section of the Policies & Procedures Manual. Uses pediatric based behavior management strategies and matches diagnostic/therapeutic interventions to age and disability of children. Establishes appropriate treatment plans with age appropriate goals and target timeframes, which are discussed with family and mutually agreed upon.
- Builds and maintains rapport within the department, hospital, and community, professionally interacting with physicians, families, and hospital/community personnel. This includes preparation and participation in in-service training programs on regular basis. Supervises and directs rehab technician and/or students, providing input into their performance evaluations.
- Organizes, develops, implements, and coordinates occupational performance of patient care with other disciplines within the Hospital and resources within the community, including discharge planning via charting, letters, care conferences, and rounds. This includes patient/family teaching for appropriate function within the home and implementation of home program.
- Maintains appropriate documentation, in compliance with Joint Commission and CARF standards, including participation in Total Quality Management.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.
Phoenix Children's Mission, Vision, & Values
To advance hope, healing and the best healthcare for children and their familiesVision
Phoenix Children's will be the leading pediatric health system in the Southwest, nationally recognized for exceptional care, innovative research and advanced medical education.
We realize this vision by:
- Offering the most comprehensive care across ages, communities and specialties
- Investing in innovative research, including emerging treatments, tools and technologies
- Advancing education and training to shape the next generation of clinical leaders
- Advocating for the health and well-being of children and families
- We place children and families at the center of all we do
- We deliver exceptional care, every day and in every way
- We collaborate with colleagues, partners and communities to amplify our impact
- We set the standards of pediatric healthcare today, and innovate for the future
- We are accountable for making the highest quality care accessible and affordable