Pt Access Rep/Scheduler-Float
This position performs efficient and orderly registration of all patients. Prepares admission forms, obtains necessary documentation and signatures, and confirms demographic information when the patient and/or guarantor present for services. Collects co-pay and deductible amounts at time of service. Coordinates and manages physician schedules for outpatient office visits working with systems, physicians and team members to appropriately schedule office visits. Enters pertinent patient data and specific physician requests. Some travel from site to site may be necessary based on business needs of the department.
- Organizes, prioritizes, and monitors daily work activity to ensure that complete, accurate, and compliant registration and scheduling has been performed in a timely manner.
- Accurately documents all information in the appropriate fields and/or account notes. Maintains accuracy when entering demographic and insurance information in the system
- Arrives patients who present for professional and hospital services that have been pre-registered and collect co-pay and deductible amounts. Obtains all necessary signatures from the Guarantor at time of registration.
- Answers telephones, schedules appointments, and answers all questions in a timely and professional manner.
- Facilitates the timely completion of scheduling requests from community and employed physicians with the use of PCH internal referral management systems. Requests medical records as needed for completion of services.
- Identifies and refers uninsured and under insured patients to the Financial Counselor.
- Performs registration in appropriate system, verifies insurance coverage, obtains authorization for patients who present for professional and hospital services and have not been pre-registered.
- Maintains a positive working relationship with patients/guarantors, insurance companies, government entities, clinical personnel, co-workers, and management to promote teamwork, cooperation and a positive public image for PCH.
- Participates in a variety of unit and hospital educational programs to maintain current skill and competency levels.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.
Phoenix Children's Mission, Vision, & Values
To advance hope, healing and the best healthcare for children and their familiesVision
Phoenix Children's will be the leading pediatric health system in the Southwest, nationally recognized for exceptional care, innovative research and advanced medical education.
We realize this vision by:
- Offering the most comprehensive care across ages, communities and specialties
- Investing in innovative research, including emerging treatments, tools and technologies
- Advancing education and training to shape the next generation of clinical leaders
- Advocating for the health and well-being of children and families
- We place children and families at the center of all we do
- We deliver exceptional care, every day and in every way
- We collaborate with colleagues, partners and communities to amplify our impact
- We set the standards of pediatric healthcare today, and innovate for the future
- We are accountable for making the highest quality care accessible and affordable