Radiology Technologist II
This position performs a variety of diagnostic radiography imaging procedures to provide data for diagnosis and monitoring of disease and injuries in accordance with all applicable standards, regulations, and licensing requirements. Requires competence in a variety of equipment and technologies and performs duties in a range of acute care pediatric-centered settings.
- Performs a variety of diagnostic radiography imaging tests as prescribed by physicians and providers. Determines proper techniques to ensure optimal results in accordance with all applicable standards and procedures. Performs regular equipment calibration and maintenance in accordance with established instructions. Identifies and troubleshoots malfunctions to ensure continuous proper and safe operations. Reports service needs and preventive maintenance issues as appropriate.
- Performs finalizing functions including, but not limited to, limited coding using radiology information system (RIS) to provide for timely and accurate patient information and charge capture. Archives records in accordance with Radiologist specifications.
- Maintains professional and technical competency through constantly pursuing knowledge and self-improvement by remaining apprised of current literature, practices, and new developments in the fields covered by diagnostic imaging.
- Provides diagnostic radiography safety information and education to patients, families, and all other affected parties to ensure thorough understanding of procedure protocols.
- Participates in the evaluation and development of new procedures and quality improvement initiatives. Proactively evaluates practices and assists to create and implement changes to increase and enhance the effectiveness of methods.
- Serves as a preceptor for staff, students, and new employees.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.
Phoenix Children's Mission, Vision, & Values
To advance hope, healing and the best healthcare for children and their familiesVision
Phoenix Children's will be the leading pediatric health system in the Southwest, nationally recognized for exceptional care, innovative research and advanced medical education.
We realize this vision by:
- Offering the most comprehensive care across ages, communities and specialties
- Investing in innovative research, including emerging treatments, tools and technologies
- Advancing education and training to shape the next generation of clinical leaders
- Advocating for the health and well-being of children and families
- We place children and families at the center of all we do
- We deliver exceptional care, every day and in every way
- We collaborate with colleagues, partners and communities to amplify our impact
- We set the standards of pediatric healthcare today, and innovate for the future
- We are accountable for making the highest quality care accessible and affordable