Physician In ChiefApply!
This position provides leadership and direction to most Medical Specialty Division Chiefs and Medical Directors at Phoenix Children’s Hospital pertaining to program development, establishment and adherence to quality-of-care metrics, achievement of patient and family satisfaction goals and the integrated utilization of Phoenix Children’s Hospital clinical systems. The Physician in Chief reports to the Chief Physician Executive of Phoenix Children’s. Reporting to this position are the Division Chiefs and Medical Directors of Genetics, Infectious Diseases, CCBD, Nephrology, Rheumatology, Allergy, Pulmonology, Palliative Medicine, Gastroenterology, Endocrinology, General Pediatrics, Child Protection, Psychiatry, Psychology, Emergency Medicine, Pathology, Radiology.
- Provides leadership and direction to Division Chiefs and Medical Directors in terms of the growth and enhancement of their respective Programs both from an educational and clinical perspective. Assist Division Chiefs and Medical Directors in the development of new programs within their divisions.
- Provides leadership and direction to Division Chiefs and Medical Directors that will improve clinical services in the areas of quality outcomes, Patient & Family Satisfaction, and through-put.
- Assesses the leadership skills of Division Chiefs and Medical Directors and serve as a mentor and coach in enhancing their competencies as physician leaders.
- Develops succession plans for Division Chiefs and Medical Directors and leads the recruitment and selection process to fill vacant Division Chief and Medical Director Positions. Assists Division Chiefs and Medical Directors in the recruitment and selection of staff physicians within their respective divisions.
- In collaboration with the Surgeon-in-Chief, Chief Medical Officer, Department Chair of Child Health and Chief Physician Executive drives excellence in clinical care, quality, patient safety, research and education.
- In collaboration with the Chief Physician Executive and PCMG Operational Vice Presidents, ensures effective integration, adherence to and utilization of Phoenix Children’s Hospital clinical systems including electronic health records, scheduling, billing, and documentation systems.
- In collaboration with the Senior Vice President Human Resources, ensures physician adherence to Phoenix Children’s Hospital standards of professional conduct and competence.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.
Phoenix Children's Mission, Vision, & Values
To advance hope, healing and the best healthcare for children and their familiesVision
Phoenix Children's will be the leading pediatric health system in the Southwest, nationally recognized for exceptional care, innovative research and advanced medical education.
We realize this vision by:
- Offering the most comprehensive care across ages, communities and specialties
- Investing in innovative research, including emerging treatments, tools and technologies
- Advancing education and training to shape the next generation of clinical leaders
- Advocating for the health and well-being of children and families
- We place children and families at the center of all we do
- We deliver exceptional care, every day and in every way
- We collaborate with colleagues, partners and communities to amplify our impact
- We set the standards of pediatric healthcare today, and innovate for the future
- We are accountable for making the highest quality care accessible and affordable