Surgery East Unit CoordApply!
Posting Note: **Full-time Mon-Fri, 5:30am-2pm**
The Department Coordinator is responsible for day of surgical scheduling, answering in-coming phone calls, and coordinating communications for Surgery East. They work closely with the Charge Nurse and staff to facilitate smooth daily operations.
Coordinates communications for the operating room
- Answers all incoming calls, assesses nature/urgency and determines the appropriate triage of the call.
- Maintains courtesy and professionalism during urgent situations.
- Anticipates problems, critical issues and acts accordingly.
- Updates O.R. board.
Schedules same day urgent/emergent procedures
- Receives via phone and in person surgical requests.
- Processes and schedules surgical cases according to requests.
- Provides case instrument and supply information to Sterile Processing Department.
- Adjusts scheduling grid.
Provides support to other staff as needed
- Works effectively in team environment.
- Handles sensitive information and confidential matters with a high degree of discretion.
- Manages ScrubEx and day lockers.
- Screens visitors for proper ID and paperwork.
- Places repair orders.
Accomplishes necessary tasks in an organized and systematic manner
- Maintains knowledge of current policies.
- Maintains inventory of forms and office supplies.
- Makes changes to next days final O.R. schedule.
- Responsible for assisting and relaying patient information for ICU bed requests.
- Coordinates inpatient pick-up for procedures being performed in the O.R.
Assists in room turnover
- Cleans, sanitizes, and disinfects procedure rooms in accordance with established procedures for room turnover between procedures to ensure efficiency and availability to meet physician, department, and patient needs.
Participates in re-stocking
- Participates in re-stocking and re-supplying of all operating rooms to provide for efficient, effective, and safe department operations.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.
Phoenix Children's Mission, Vision, & Values
To advance hope, healing and the best healthcare for children and their familiesVision
Phoenix Children's will be the leading pediatric health system in the Southwest, nationally recognized for exceptional care, innovative research and advanced medical education.
We realize this vision by:
- Offering the most comprehensive care across ages, communities and specialties
- Investing in innovative research, including emerging treatments, tools and technologies
- Advancing education and training to shape the next generation of clinical leaders
- Advocating for the health and well-being of children and families
- We place children and families at the center of all we do
- We deliver exceptional care, every day and in every way
- We collaborate with colleagues, partners and communities to amplify our impact
- We set the standards of pediatric healthcare today, and innovate for the future
- We are accountable for making the highest quality care accessible and affordable