Clinical Nurse - Urgent Care Float PoolApply!
Posting Note: This position is for our exciting new Urgent Care Float Pool! As a part of the Float Pool you will support all four of the Phoenix Children’s Urgent Care to cover last minute staffing needs. Qualified candidates will have a minimum of one year of critical care or emergency room experience. NO NEW GRADS, please! Float Pool will receive an extra premium on top of their hourly salary due to the travel and be paid mileage as well. Schedule expectations will be at least 1 shift per week and will have a weekend rotation. Hours will be Monday – Friday 1700 – 2300 & Saturday/Sunday 1000 – 2100 or 1200 – 2300 Locations this position will travel to are: East Valley Urgent Care - 5131 E. Southern Ave., Mesa 85206 Legacy Park Urgent Care - 6321 South Ellsworth Road, Suite 114, Mesa, AZ 85212-2447 Scottsdale Urgent Care - 6990 E. Shea Blvd. Scottsdale, AZ 85254 Northwest Valley Urgent Care - 20325 N. 51st Ave, Ste 116 Glendale, AZ 85308
This position, in collaboration with the healthcare team, patient, and family, coordinates and promotes patient health utilizing evidence-based practice in the delivery of professional nursing care across the care continuum. This position advocates for the patient and family adhering to nursing and medical plans of care, regulatory standards, and organizational values.
- Utilizes multiple platforms to complete a nursing assessment of patients and their families consistent with age and condition, including physical, psychological, social, developmental, and educational factors. Synthesizes and analyzes data to determine nursing diagnoses, prioritize needs, and develop a nursing plan of care.
- Implements plans of care in accordance with regulatory and organizational policies, procedures, and guidelines. Provides health education related to health promotion and the management of acute and chronic health conditions including skills required to maintain and restore health. Coordinates care and manages care transitions within the organization and the community, working collaboratively with the healthcare team, patient, and family to promote positive outcomes and prevent complications. Advocates for patients and families, offering support and guidance related to navigating ambulatory services and processes, resource management, and community-based services. Partners with patients and families to establish realistic goals and expectations.
- Continually evaluates patient understanding and response to the plan of care. Shares observations and assessment outcomes with healthcare team, patient, and family to ensure timely communication and understanding of health status, progress, and ongoing needs. Modifies nursing diagnoses and plan of care based on re-evaluation. Documents in the medical record.
- Facilitates the delivery of safe patient care, monitoring quality and regulatory indicators, and working with leaders to identify process improvement opportunities. Supervises patient care activities of assigned team members and delegates activities appropriate to knowledge, skill, and competency. Provides timely feedback and review of care delivery to ensure maintenance of patient safety, infection control procedures, therapeutic environment, and team members performance level, maintaining confidentiality as appropriate.
- Contributes to the team effort by accomplishing required activities within establish parameters to ensure compliance with all applicable medication, storage, and documentation standards, regulations, and requirement.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.
Phoenix Children's Mission, Vision, & Values
To advance hope, healing and the best healthcare for children and their familiesVision
Phoenix Children's will be the leading pediatric health system in the Southwest, nationally recognized for exceptional care, innovative research and advanced medical education.
We realize this vision by:
- Offering the most comprehensive care across ages, communities and specialties
- Investing in innovative research, including emerging treatments, tools and technologies
- Advancing education and training to shape the next generation of clinical leaders
- Advocating for the health and well-being of children and families
- We place children and families at the center of all we do
- We deliver exceptional care, every day and in every way
- We collaborate with colleagues, partners and communities to amplify our impact
- We set the standards of pediatric healthcare today, and innovate for the future
- We are accountable for making the highest quality care accessible and affordable