Patient Access RepApply!
The Patient Access Representative performs efficient and orderly registration of all patients. Acts as primary liaison for patients receiving professional and hospital services at Phoenix Children's Hospital. Prepares admission forms, obtains necessary documentation and signatures, and confirms demographic information when the patient and/or guarantor present for services. Collects co-pay and deductible amounts at time of service. Some travel from site to site may be necessary based on business needs of the department.
- Arrives patients who present for professional and hospital services that have been pre-registered and collect co-pay and deductible amounts. Obtains all necessary signatures from the Guarantor at the time of registration or arrival.
- Accurately documents all information in the appropriate fields and/or account notes. Maintains accuracy when entering demographic and insurance information in the system.
- Courteously answers the telephone and answers all questions in a timely manner.
- Identifies and refers uninsured and underinsured patients to the Financial Counselor.
- Inquires patient account system(s) to identify any previous unpaid liability in AMPFM/Misys.
- Maintains a positive working relationship with patients/guarantors, insurance companies, government entities, clinical personnel, co-workers and management to promote teamwork, cooperation and a positive public image for PCH.
- Organizes, prioritizes, and monitors daily work activity to ensure that complete, accurate, and compliant registration has been performed in a timely manner.
- Participates in a variety of unit and hospital educational programs to maintain current skill and competency levels.
- Performs registration in appropriate HIS system, verifies insurance coverage, obtains authorization for patients who present for professional and hospital services and have not been pre-registered.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.
Phoenix Children's Mission, Vision, & Values
To advance hope, healing and the best healthcare for children and their familiesVision
Phoenix Children's will be the leading pediatric health system in the Southwest, nationally recognized for exceptional care, innovative research and advanced medical education.
We realize this vision by:
- Offering the most comprehensive care across ages, communities and specialties
- Investing in innovative research, including emerging treatments, tools and technologies
- Advancing education and training to shape the next generation of clinical leaders
- Advocating for the health and well-being of children and families
- We place children and families at the center of all we do
- We deliver exceptional care, every day and in every way
- We collaborate with colleagues, partners and communities to amplify our impact
- We set the standards of pediatric healthcare today, and innovate for the future
- We are accountable for making the highest quality care accessible and affordable