Clinical Nurse - Endocrinology ClinicApply!
Posting Note: This very unique Endocrinology position combines the best of both - Inperson care, and administering procedures! The incumbent will spend three days in the primary hospital clinic, and one day at our Gilbert Clinic conducting STIM procedures. The incumbent will support/work with a tight knit group of professionals. This role will be heavy in person patient interaction; meeting patients/families in person, phone and Zoom calls. The primary job duties for this unique position will be providing triage for patients/families who call in for advice on various concerns; reviewing urgent requests for endocrinology screens; meeting with patient/families to administer injections in the clinic - or providing training/education to patient/families on how to give an injection. Injections may include growth hormone deficiency, various endocrinology disorders, early onset of puberty, and/or suppression of puberty. PCH is also the primary source for the review of all abnormal newborns screens in the state for endocrinology. This is a very fast paced unit, and the successful candidate will have strong multi tasking skills, time management and outstanding critical thinking skills and follow up. This position is a full time, M - F, 8 AM - 5 PM, but may have some flexibility in hours once training has been completed to go to 4 /10hr shifts. We are looking for a nurse who has 3 - 5 years of pediatric experience to be part of our team. Incumbent must be computer savvy, able to chart information, utilize Microsoft office suite, which will also include scheduling Zoom meetings/teaches to demonstrate injections, as well as providing mediation teaches. This position is onsite at the main hospital 3 days/week and one day at the Gilbert Clinic to administer STIM procedures. (4/10 schedule will only be offered once incumbent has been fully trained, and is able to administer STIM procedures independently). NO NEW GRADS, please.
This position, in collaboration with the healthcare team, patient, and family, coordinates and promotes patient health utilizing evidence-based practice in the delivery of professional nursing care across the care continuum. This position advocates for the patient and family adhering to nursing and medical plans of care, regulatory standards, and organizational values.
- Utilizes multiple platforms to complete a nursing assessment of patients and their families consistent with age and condition, including physical, psychological, social, developmental, and educational factors. Synthesizes and analyzes data to determine nursing diagnoses, prioritize needs, and develop a nursing plan of care.
- Implements plans of care in accordance with regulatory and organizational policies, procedures, and guidelines. Provides health education related to health promotion and the management of acute and chronic health conditions including skills required to maintain and restore health. Coordinates care and manages care transitions within the organization and the community, working collaboratively with the healthcare team, patient, and family to promote positive outcomes and prevent complications. Advocates for patients and families, offering support and guidance related to navigating ambulatory services and processes, resource management, and community-based services. Partners with patients and families to establish realistic goals and expectations.
- Continually evaluates patient understanding and response to the plan of care. Shares observations and assessment outcomes with healthcare team, patient, and family to ensure timely communication and understanding of health status, progress, and ongoing needs. Modifies nursing diagnoses and plan of care based on re-evaluation. Documents in the medical record.
- Facilitates the delivery of safe patient care, monitoring quality and regulatory indicators, and working with leaders to identify process improvement opportunities. Supervises patient care activities of assigned team members and delegates activities appropriate to knowledge, skill, and competency. Provides timely feedback and review of care delivery to ensure maintenance of patient safety, infection control procedures, therapeutic environment, and team members performance level, maintaining confidentiality as appropriate.
- Contributes to the team effort by accomplishing required activities within establish parameters to ensure compliance with all applicable medication, storage, and documentation standards, regulations, and requirement.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.
Phoenix Children's Mission, Vision, & Values
To advance hope, healing and the best healthcare for children and their familiesVision
Phoenix Children's will be the leading pediatric health system in the Southwest, nationally recognized for exceptional care, innovative research and advanced medical education.
We realize this vision by:
- Offering the most comprehensive care across ages, communities and specialties
- Investing in innovative research, including emerging treatments, tools and technologies
- Advancing education and training to shape the next generation of clinical leaders
- Advocating for the health and well-being of children and families
- We place children and families at the center of all we do
- We deliver exceptional care, every day and in every way
- We collaborate with colleagues, partners and communities to amplify our impact
- We set the standards of pediatric healthcare today, and innovate for the future
- We are accountable for making the highest quality care accessible and affordable