Posting Note: The Phoenix Children’s Center for Cleft and Craniofacial Care (formerly the Barrow Cleft and Craniofacial Center) at Phoenix Children’s Hospital is recruiting for a craniofacial orthodontic position, fellowship trained, or equivalent experience preferred. This position requires the desire to sustain a robust clinical practice while providing interdisciplinary team-based services for children and adults with cleft and craniofacial conditions. A strong interest in infant care as well as experience in surgical orthodontics is highly desirable. Phoenix Children’s Center for Cleft and Craniofacial Care (PC5) is part of the division of Plastic Surgery. The Division of Plastic Surgery at Phoenix Children’s provides surgical treatment for congenital and acquired conditions such as cleft lip and palate, craniosynostosis, hemifacial microsomia, Treacher Collins syndrome, vascular anomalies, hand anomalies, and traumatic deformities. PC5 is a self-contained center where Orthodontists, Speech Language Pathologists, Behavior Health Professionals, and Plastic Surgeons work in contiguous space, side by side.
The Staff Orthodontist shall provide patient care services and will support the Phoenix Children’s mission of providing hope, healing and the best health care for children and their families.
Patient Care Services
- Provide patient care services for which he/she is clinically privileged, including but not limited to:
- a) Provide direct patient care services on an inpatient and outpatient basis.
- b) Provide subspecialty consultations and follow-up.
- c) Provide diagnostic and therapeutic services/procedures.
- d) Provide these services for urgent/ emergent care as necessary.
- 2) Strive to achieve the best patient and family centered care.
- 3) Support Hospital’s patient satisfaction goals as well as division’s specific targets.
- 4) Support and adhere to divisional patient safety and quality of care standards.
- 5) Practices Contemporary Evidence based medicine or latest experience based medicine.
- 1) Establish and demonstrate effort to achieve annual physician goals and objectives (e.g. individual, division, hospital).
- 2) Support the medical education programs and activities of the Division, including but not limited to:
- a) Provide direct supervision of trainees and allied health care professionals for the delivery of inpatient and outpatient services when applicable.
- b) Conduct teaching rounds, lectures and conference for trainees.
- c) Participate in the teaching and supervision of trainees and allied health care professionals assigned to the division.
- d) Participate in the postgraduate continuing educational activities of the division.
- 3) Support the research endeavors of the division including the research initiatives by other members of the division.
- 4) Support programmatic growth of division.
- 5) Support satellite efforts of division when appropriate.
- 1) Treat colleagues, Phoenix Children’s employees and customers with courtesy, dignity and respect.
- 2) Promote safe, cooperative and professional health care environment.
- 3) Support Phoenix Children’s mission, vision and values, including family centered care, excellence in clinical care, leadership, collaboration, and accountability.
- 1) Orthodontist shall support the Division Chief in his/her role as liaison to the professional community and general public as requested by the Division Chief.
- 2) Orthodontist may conduct teaching rounds or conferences outside of Phoenix Children’s, particularly if these activities support divisional clinical and teaching programs/ initiatives.
- 3) Orthodontist shall represent Phoenix Children’s in the medical and business communities and before the general public in a professional manner.
- 4) The following physical and mental skills are essential to the physician’s ability to successfully perform the foregoing duties and responsibilities:
- a) The ability to communicate by telephone, computer or other communication devices.
- b) The ability to perform after hours or night call responsibilities as needed.
- c) The ability to work regularly scheduled work hours.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.
Phoenix Children's Mission, Vision, & Values
To advance hope, healing and the best healthcare for children and their familiesVision
Phoenix Children's will be the leading pediatric health system in the Southwest, nationally recognized for exceptional care, innovative research and advanced medical education.
We realize this vision by:
- Offering the most comprehensive care across ages, communities and specialties
- Investing in innovative research, including emerging treatments, tools and technologies
- Advancing education and training to shape the next generation of clinical leaders
- Advocating for the health and well-being of children and families
- We place children and families at the center of all we do
- We deliver exceptional care, every day and in every way
- We collaborate with colleagues, partners and communities to amplify our impact
- We set the standards of pediatric healthcare today, and innovate for the future
- We are accountable for making the highest quality care accessible and affordable