This position applies the accounting policies and practices as developed by financial management of PCH and performs day to day accounting procedures with substantial independence and autonomy, generally supervised by an Accountant III or Manager
- Conducts procedures and maintains accounting systems needed to maintain proper records, affording strong accounting controls and services
- Directly participates in the monthly closing process and has assigned responsibilities for researching and preparing appropriate journal entries to effect the closing
- Identifies and maintains strict checks and balances to be sure all accounts are in balance and properly accounted for as part of the monthly close process.
- Participates as assigned in preparation of monthly reporting package to senior management and/or quarterly and annual reporting packages to external audiences such as bondholders
- Has assigned areas of accounts that receive monthly and/or other periodic reconciliations, provided to the Accountant III or Manager for review in accordance with departmental practice
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.
Phoenix Children's Mission, Vision, & Values
To advance hope, healing and the best healthcare for children and their familiesVision
Phoenix Children's will be the leading pediatric health system in the Southwest, nationally recognized for exceptional care, innovative research and advanced medical education.
We realize this vision by:
- Offering the most comprehensive care across ages, communities and specialties
- Investing in innovative research, including emerging treatments, tools and technologies
- Advancing education and training to shape the next generation of clinical leaders
- Advocating for the health and well-being of children and families
- We place children and families at the center of all we do
- We deliver exceptional care, every day and in every way
- We collaborate with colleagues, partners and communities to amplify our impact
- We set the standards of pediatric healthcare today, and innovate for the future
- We are accountable for making the highest quality care accessible and affordable