Posting Note: **Full-time Nights, 7pm-8:30am shift. This role will work various days of the week to include rotating weekends, must have flexible availability to work different days of week**
The Patient Sitter provides constant safety in the patient room at the bedside per policy and maintains constant visual observation of the patient. This position does not leave the patient alone or out of sight unless specifically instructed by the RN.
- Obtains a verbal report from the patient’s nurse to include patient care needs, diagnosis, visual, auditory, or language barriers and any special considerations.
- Positions self in patient room at bedside per policy to maintain constant visual observation of the patient. Stays within arm’s reach as appropriate. Provides constant safety monitoring, may include while the patient is showering and toileting. Never leaves the patient alone or out of sight unless specifically instructed by the RN.
- Maintains an accurate record of patient activity, behaviors, and interventions. Notifies the RN of significant changes.
- Ensures a safe environment, (removing clutter, maintaining ligature resistant standards).
- Engages as appropriate the patient in diversional activities.
- Demonstrates behavior management strategies for de-escalating agitated patients.
- Follows universal precautions whenever giving any aspect of patient observation and surveillance.
- Maintains confidentiality.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.
Phoenix Children's Mission, Vision, & Values
To advance hope, healing and the best healthcare for children and their familiesVision
Phoenix Children's will be the leading pediatric health system in the Southwest, nationally recognized for exceptional care, innovative research and advanced medical education.
We realize this vision by:
- Offering the most comprehensive care across ages, communities and specialties
- Investing in innovative research, including emerging treatments, tools and technologies
- Advancing education and training to shape the next generation of clinical leaders
- Advocating for the health and well-being of children and families
- We place children and families at the center of all we do
- We deliver exceptional care, every day and in every way
- We collaborate with colleagues, partners and communities to amplify our impact
- We set the standards of pediatric healthcare today, and innovate for the future
- We are accountable for making the highest quality care accessible and affordable