Administrative Assistant - Pathology
The Administrative Assistant provides administrative support and organization to department directors. The Administrative Assistant also performs a variety of administrative support functions for a department to provide for efficient, effective and customer service-focused operations.
- Assists in tracking and updating annual operational budget. Prepares, codes and tracks requests for payments to ensure proper accounting of funds in accordance with budget. Maintains inventory levels of standard office supplies and materials, initiating requests, as appropriate.
- Assists visitors, patients, families and others with hospital related inquiries/concerns; refers to appropriate resource or authority, as necessary.
- Composes correspondence and independently generates other communications, including, but not limited to, e-mails, newsletters, reports, mailings, flyers and brochures through effective use of appropriate software application and/or media.
- Maintains confidential departmental employee files and records to ensure consistently current and accurate documentation.
- Prepares agendas and minutes of a variety of meetings, creates and maintains current calendar of meetings and notifies participants of changes to ensure timely communication.
- Provides administrative support to the department and coordinates and organizes office workflow and communications, including phone management, e-mail correspondence, file maintenance and standard mail collection/distribution to provide for optimum efficiency.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.
Phoenix Children's Mission, Vision, & Values
To advance hope, healing and the best healthcare for children and their familiesVision
Phoenix Children's will be the leading pediatric health system in the Southwest, nationally recognized for exceptional care, innovative research and advanced medical education.
We realize this vision by:
- Offering the most comprehensive care across ages, communities and specialties
- Investing in innovative research, including emerging treatments, tools and technologies
- Advancing education and training to shape the next generation of clinical leaders
- Advocating for the health and well-being of children and families
- We place children and families at the center of all we do
- We deliver exceptional care, every day and in every way
- We collaborate with colleagues, partners and communities to amplify our impact
- We set the standards of pediatric healthcare today, and innovate for the future
- We are accountable for making the highest quality care accessible and affordable