Revenue Cycle Specialist
This position oversees the collection activity for an assigned segment of the Accounts Receivable and performs collection duties in accordance with established federal and state regulations.
Performs account follow-up on outstanding insurance balances and takes the necessary action for account resolution in accordance with established federal and state regulations.
- Contacts all assigned accounts in the work queue daily and provide sound collection follow-up on outstanding insurance balances.
Batches, compiles, submits appeals and monitor accounts for proper reimbursement.
- Responsible for achieving and maintaining accounts receivable days at the established goal.
Establishes and maintains effective communication with employers, other healthcare providers, insurers, and patients/families to secure accurate and pertinent information to maximize reimbursement.
- Communicate with internal and external customers by telephone and mail to verify charge accuracy and/or correct account errors.
- Monitors and tracks contractual, billing, registration, and posting errors and provides continuous feedback to the department supervisor.
- Verifies applicable contract by reviewing EOB messages, reviewing patient ID card, and verifying member information for managed care plans.
- Uses good interpersonal skills to promote positive, effective interaction with customers and to promote quality service to ensure flow of information to appropriate staff and professionals.
- Provides detailed documentation on the collection system to explain the action taken or promise made. Obtains current information on all accounts and records information as required.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.
Phoenix Children's Mission, Vision, & Values
To advance hope, healing and the best healthcare for children and their familiesVision
Phoenix Children's will be the leading pediatric health system in the Southwest, nationally recognized for exceptional care, innovative research and advanced medical education.
We realize this vision by:
- Offering the most comprehensive care across ages, communities and specialties
- Investing in innovative research, including emerging treatments, tools and technologies
- Advancing education and training to shape the next generation of clinical leaders
- Advocating for the health and well-being of children and families
- We place children and families at the center of all we do
- We deliver exceptional care, every day and in every way
- We collaborate with colleagues, partners and communities to amplify our impact
- We set the standards of pediatric healthcare today, and innovate for the future
- We are accountable for making the highest quality care accessible and affordable