Psychiatric Emergency Dept TechApply!
This position provides individual and group age appropriate developmental and psychosocial supervision, support, and treatment consistent with established objectives, including crisis management, and behavioral management and modification procedures to facilitate achievement of desired treatment outcomes. This position performs a variety of clinical direct patient care services to assist in implementation of selected portions of the care plan as directed and supervised by a Clinical Nurse and in accordance with the regulations established by the Arizona Emergency Medical Services.
- As directed and supervised by healthcare professional, collects and records a variety of routine patient data including vital signs, to ensure ongoing accuracy of patient chart and performs a variety of basic patient care activities to provide for optimal comfort and safety of the patient. These activities include but are not limited to, assist in applying splints, casts and other orthopedic devices and performing CPR during cardiac arrest management.
- Identifies and reports unusual findings or observations, clinical symptoms, behaviors and treatments administered to appropriate Healthcare professional to ensure timely and effective intervention.
- Obtains blood specimens by physician order or per protocol following hospital and/or clinical lab guidelines; assists in delivering lab specimens as requested.
- Performs a variety of activities to provide for the ongoing maintenance of the unit’s environment including maintaining inventory levels of stock items, supplies and equipment.
- Provides continuous therapeutic care and observation to patients in their daily routines, including meals, school sessions, social and education groups, and activities of daily living to assist in achievement of established treatment plan outcomes for modification of behavior.
- Responds to crisis situations appropriately, effectively, and calmly to ensure ongoing safety of patients and others. Implements behavior management protocols in a safe, and therapeutic manner.
- Assists in the education of parents regarding behavioral/emotional techniques and support, basic technical procedures, activities/safety of daily living to ensure understanding.
- Serve as a sitter for patients needing 1:1 supervision for medical or behavioral reasons ensuring a safe environment and observation in alignment with applicable policies.
- Creates and maintains a safe and therapeutic environment.
- Participates in a variety of in-service programs, meetings, conferences, and daily care rounds to maintain understanding of care plan changes, issues, and expectations.
- Provides orientation to the unit and hospital systems and processes to patients and family members to ensure familiarity with unit`s policies and requirements.
- Maintains confidentiality.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.
Phoenix Children's Mission, Vision, & Values
To advance hope, healing and the best healthcare for children and their familiesVision
Phoenix Children's will be the leading pediatric health system in the Southwest, nationally recognized for exceptional care, innovative research and advanced medical education.
We realize this vision by:
- Offering the most comprehensive care across ages, communities and specialties
- Investing in innovative research, including emerging treatments, tools and technologies
- Advancing education and training to shape the next generation of clinical leaders
- Advocating for the health and well-being of children and families
- We place children and families at the center of all we do
- We deliver exceptional care, every day and in every way
- We collaborate with colleagues, partners and communities to amplify our impact
- We set the standards of pediatric healthcare today, and innovate for the future
- We are accountable for making the highest quality care accessible and affordable