Qual & Pt Safety Clin Consltnt
This position proactively identifies and improves quality and patient safety practices by affecting care and processes at the bedside/point of care utilizing project/program management and data driven strategies and interventions. Proficient at change management methodologies including team building and facilitation, will building, and communication strategies, assisting in the coordination and aggregation of information for use by unit leadership in its decision making to focus improvement efforts.
Assesses and improves care at the bedside using high reliability processes
- Assesses patient care processes for safety/risk issues using expert understanding of clinical standards of care.
- Proficient at communication, able to connect with a variety of staff in a professional manner while influencing change and behavior.
- Sets goals for areas of responsiblity and works with multidisciplinary groups to attain and sustain improvement.
- Maintains connection with the big picture while implementing at the micro level. Uses knowledge of complex adaptive systems thinking taking into account the necessary structures, processes, and organizational landscapes/dynamics impacting successful implementation.
Expertise in Patient Safety and Performance improvement tools
- Utilizes current data sources and seeks new sources to understand complex problems.
- Conducts root cause analysis, risk assessments, as well as failure mode analysis as needed.
- Creates trends from data collection that reflect current practice and quantifies improvement opportunities.
- Integrates large volumes of data and information into a succinct problem definition.
- Uses critical thinking, inductive, and deductive reasoning skills to reduce complex issues to realistic/feasible solutions and staging.
- Utilizes a variety of Performance Improvement tools: PI, CQI, Lean, rapid cycle improvement to assess, analyze and improve outcomes.
- Coaches others to use reliability principles when determining interventions. Designs PDSAs, facilitates PDSA cycles and documents results.
- Trains others to utilize QI/Lean tools including but not limited to flow diagrams, modified FMEA and pareto charts.
Leadership expertise with idenitification of priority areas and goal setting
- Recommends strategic priority areas for the organization based on data and trends.
- Works autonomously to identify areas of improvement, create action plans and successfully implement interventions to sustain improvement organization wide using appropriate stakeholders.
- Ability to train and educate others on a variety of reliability and performance improvement tools.
- Develops processes and infrastructure that is in full compliance with all regulatory requirements.
- Expertise on regulatory standards and requirements, able to apply knowledge to a variety of settings across the continuum.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.
Phoenix Children's Mission, Vision, & Values
To advance hope, healing and the best healthcare for children and their familiesVision
Phoenix Children's will be the leading pediatric health system in the Southwest, nationally recognized for exceptional care, innovative research and advanced medical education.
We realize this vision by:
- Offering the most comprehensive care across ages, communities and specialties
- Investing in innovative research, including emerging treatments, tools and technologies
- Advancing education and training to shape the next generation of clinical leaders
- Advocating for the health and well-being of children and families
- We place children and families at the center of all we do
- We deliver exceptional care, every day and in every way
- We collaborate with colleagues, partners and communities to amplify our impact
- We set the standards of pediatric healthcare today, and innovate for the future
- We are accountable for making the highest quality care accessible and affordable